Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADM mount orientation question (left vs right side lever)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ADM mount orientation question (left vs right side lever)

I was asked why my ADM Aimpoint Micro mount was oriented the QD lever on the left side; other than mumbling that I had seen more of them set up that way, I had no answer to the question.

So I'm asking (a bit late): is there any objective reason for not orienting the mount so that the QD lever is on the right side, other than being able to use the support hand (left in my case) to release the lever?

Thanks,

toc

Feedback Score
    I suppose some of them could be mounted either way. But they advertise them on the left. All their scope mounts have the levers on the left. It's how mine are set up.

http://www.americandefensemanufactur...ew/product/32/
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I prefer to have all my mount levers or fasteners on the same (left) side. It just strikes me that it's a support hand function. And I don't like any clutter on the ejection port side. Less clutter leaves more ejection space in the event you're shooting up against something or in some super tactical port down position.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    ^^^ Agree. Left Side or non-port side... unless we're talking Boats, then Port Side

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Keeping the ejection port clear and being able to keep the strong hand on the PG while messing with the QD lever are pretty good arguments for having that lever on the left side.

I hadn't really thought things through all that much, but had based the orientation on what I'd seen on the overwhelming majority of other builds.

Thanks for the replies, all.

toc

Feedback Score
    I can say for sure the ADM mount for the RMR doesn't give any other option.

Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Adm isn't bad this way, but some brands optic mounts dig into my chest when slung tight.

I takes two hands to change then out.

I vote port side.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I run my micro mount lever on the left, I can use my support hand, and keep ejection port clean. I use a brass catcher quite a bit so keeping the ejection port lever-free is another reason I oriented this way.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    On my SCAR, the levers are mounted on the right because the charging handle is on the left and it's less damaging to my knuckles. On my ARs, the levers are mounted on the left.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I keep all of my levers on the right for ease of operating the bolt release.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast