Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ** Updated - Pics Pg 4 ** Where are my Ruger 10/22 people? Buy new or assemble?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My PWS Summit has a 20moa top rail and it poses no problems shooting at closer distances. I shoot easily from 0-200+.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    For real quiet be sure to use a poly bolt buffer. Know that it still won't be as quiet as a bolt action unless you use a bolt lock.

I recently replaced my home-made nylon bolt buffer with a 1/8" steel pin and a piece of nylon hose with a 1/4" OD and a 1/8" ID. It works great, even compared to the nylon bolt, and cost me pennies. When the piece of hose wears out, I still have another 10" of hose left to make replacements.
    Last edited by gsh341; 01-17-16 at 19:29.

Feedback Score
    The wait is over and I was able to get everything assembled and shot it today. I'm going to have to spend some time figuring out what ammo and what mags it likes. It clearly wanted nothing to do with the Hightower 25rd mag. Luckily the Ruger 15rd mag worked like a champ.

The optic will not stay on the rifle. The view is great but it makes the whole thing way too top heavy and unbalanced. I'll find a cheap red dot and call it a day.

It's quiet but it's hard to tell how quiet. Need to do a side by side of a friends 10/22 with his Sparrow. The Cerakote color is Tactical Grey and I'm thrilled with how it turned out!! Looking at the colors online sucks for all Cerakote. But the various grey shades were making me crazy. Thanks to Capitol Armory for a superb coating on this and my pistol can.

So here it is. A 10/22 with no Ruger parts. Lol! Well except a couple mags.

Magpul Stock
    Tactical Solutions X-Ring receiver
    Kidd trigger
    Gem-Tech Mist 22 bbl/suppressor

Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    The wait is over and I was able to get everything assembled and shot it today. I'm going to have to spend some time figuring out what ammo and what mags it likes. It clearly wanted nothing to do with the Hightower 25rd mag. Luckily the Ruger 15rd mag worked like a champ.

The optic will not stay on the rifle. The view is great but it makes the whole thing way too top heavy and unbalanced. I'll find a cheap red dot and call it a day.

It's quiet but it's hard to tell how quiet. Need to do a side by side of a friends 10/22 with his Sparrow. The Cerakote color is Tactical Grey and I'm thrilled with how it turned out!! Looking at the colors online sucks for all Cerakote. But the various grey shades were making me crazy. Thanks to Capitol Armory for a superb coating on this and my pistol can.

So here it is. A 10/22 with no Ruger parts. Lol! Well except a couple mags.

Magpul Stock
    Tactical Solutions X-Ring receiver
    Kidd trigger
    Gem-Tech Mist 22 bbl/suppressor

For bolt action quiet you can add a bolt lock like this one available on eBay

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Nice work - the problem with the optic is the excess weight of the QD mount. Buy some low rings that weigh nearly nothing and you'll find the balance restored.

I have 4x28 Weavers on my 10/22 in B-square low rings - featherweight and for a 22LR I think 4x fixed is perfect.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 03-19-16 at 17:39.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here is my Feddersen barreled 10/22 named Reaper.

This is Sleeper with a Kidd barrel at my 150 yd table.

This is the one I sold, the baby Barrett.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIGIN View Post
    Here is my Feddersen barreled 10/22 named Reaper.

This is Sleeper with a Kidd barrel at my 150 yd table.

This is the one I sold, the baby Barrett.
    Very nice! I had no idea how much there is in the 10/22 aftermarket until this project.

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Nice work - the problem with the optic is the excess weight of the QD mount. Buy some low rings that weigh nearly nothing and you'll find the balance restored.

I have 4x28 Weavers on my 10/22 in B-square low rings - featherweight and for a 22LR I think 4x fixed is perfect.
    Thanks! I considered rings but given my locale I'm lucky to be able to shoot out to 100yds. You're probably right about the QD mount and while I've never considered ADM heavy, on an AR it's much less noticeable.

I ended up snagging a Vortex Sparc II off Promotive. Shot it today and am very pleased.

Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345