Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Get a DSArms FAL now or wait for the FN SCAR-H?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Please do not turn this into an M1A vs. FAL discussion.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wink

i guess obsolescense is in the eye of the beholder. if i pull the trigger and it goes bang and it hits the intended target, that's good enough for me.

so i got one. guess i'll forego a year of eating out to finance a scar-h. i'm a rifle whore, what can i say.

i like the fact that the mags are relatively cheap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    That you can get three FALs (or one FAL and one SCAR when its available) for the same price as a combat ready m14, should quantify that.
    You need to get yourself a new gun smith, you are getting ripped off or you are being fed and passing on bogus information.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O MAN View Post
    You need to get yourself a new gun smith, you are getting ripped off or you are being fed and passing on bogus information.
    That's just it. I don't NEED a smith with a FAL. I can do all my own work. So the assumption I'm "getting ripped off" is flawed.

As for bogus information...I think more than just me has addressed the deficiencies of the M-14, and the cost involved with making one function as it should. The M-14 as currently used by the military costs about 3-4x that of a combat ready FAL. The M1A is not a military quality weapon, which is why no military (especially the US) uses one. And for the cost to make it one (hardening the receiver etc, replacing commercial parts, adding your Sage stock etc) you can buy both a DSA FAL and a SCAR-H. That's a pretty high opportunity cost for an M14.

Even still...what is the title of this thread? Where is the M-14 even an option?
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Get the DSA now, if/when the SCAR-H comes out, chances are you'll be buying that one too.
    Templar gave the best advice and I offered a viable alternative just in case the OP didn't want to wait.

BTW:

How much will a SCAR-H sell for on the civilian market?
    How much are mags going to be?
    When will the H be available?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    I am waititng for the scar H, but that is beacuse I am poor and can't afford both .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345