Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Get a DSArms FAL now or wait for the FN SCAR-H?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    The mag bodies themselves are very similar, but the SCAR-H mags don't have the front or rear locking lugs that the FAL has
    That's actually too bad as the FAL mag insertion is superior to the AR mag well, but in looking at it I guess it would be difficult for those used to AR ergonomics.

It would also be nice to have lots of cheap FAL mags lying about, but I guess you need to make your money on something like magazines.

Given that, I may stick to the SCAR-L and keep my FALs.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score

+1

Get FAL now for sure...I have a stainless tactical paratrooper model and love it.

I understand that only 600 civi SCAR's (.556/.223) are to be released in 2008...qty based on total dealer orders (FN product) - best dealers are getting 1.

.308 hopefully to follow in '09 (should coincide with civi HK 416/417) - assuming a new AWB does not get passed first...but I digress.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I don't think there is much to fear from a new AWB in the short-term as it would take an unprecedented legislative effort to get such a ban passed within a year of the next election. At best such legislation would take until Obama's "second" term to become a reality as it would cost him reelection.

The only caveat would be if Dems win a super-majority in the House/Senate, where anti-2a Dems overwhelm pro-2a Dems. This seems extremely unlikely.

Buy both weapons, but not out of fear of a new AWB if Obama gets elected.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    .......c'mon man....you know you're going to get both anyway.....
    LMAO. I think Tim knows me too well.

I just need an excuse to buy another gun this weekend.

Maybe LAV will offer a battle rifle class sometime soon.

Feedback Score

Exclamation interchangable mags

i think we all just hoped they were interchangable--lol

Feedback Score
    I don't know why so many people are SCAR happy. Having talked to a someone at 3rd group involved with testing a gun there have been some issues. I know those issues will eventually get worked out but I don't want to be the first kid on the block to own a gun that still has bugs in it just for the sake of owning it. Personally, I'd buy the platform that has proven itself over 40+ years before I'd throw money at the latest greatest toy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

Well, my wife is gonna throttle me now.

Speaking of mags - are they pretty much the same by vendor, or should I be stocking up on DSA mags?

Thanks again for all the input.

-slut

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    Speaking of mags - are they pretty much the same by vendor, or should I be stocking up on DSA mags?
    I think even the DSA mags are rehabbed Steyr milsurp ones which are nice mags.

You should be ok with whatever Milsurp mags you find (I highly recommend Izzy mags if you can find them), but at $8 a pop, if you find a dud you're at least not into it for a lot of money.

Replace the spring and carry on smartly.

Inch (L1) mags will not fit and are more expensive.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    I don't know why so many people are SCAR happy. Having talked to a someone at 3rd group involved with testing a gun there have been some issues. I know those issues will eventually get worked out but I don't want to be the first kid on the block to own a gun that still has bugs in it just for the sake of owning it. Personally, I'd buy the platform that has proven itself over 40+ years before I'd throw money at the latest greatest toy.
    BINGO!! the correct answer! Frankly I'd never buy something like the SCAR until it's been out for awhile, Kinda like not buying a newly designed vehicle, until all the bugs get worked out..Sit back and relax..let those who are SCAR happy buy them and be the guinea pigs....

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    BINGO!! the correct answer! Frankly I'd never buy something like the SCAR until it's been out for awhile, Kinda like not buying a newly designed vehicle, until all the bugs get worked out..Sit back and relax..let those who are SCAR happy buy them and be the guinea pigs....
    If you think the SCAR platform hasn't been properly vetted at this point I'd say you are looking past the platform.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast