Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Get a DSArms FAL now or wait for the FN SCAR-H?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    If you think the SCAR platform hasn't been properly vetted at this point I'd say you are looking past the platform.
    I don't know what he does or doesn't about the SCAR, but as a general rule I agree to avoid the first release of ANY new product. Car, computer, software or rifle there always seems to be a break-in period where new products get the bugs worked out.

Even EXCELLENT products go through this.

This being said I'm pretty confident FNH would rectify any problems.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    I don't know what he does or doesn't about the SCAR, but as a general rule I agree to avoid the first release of ANY new product. Car, computer, software or rifle there always seems to be a break-in period where new products get the bugs worked out.

Even EXCELLENT products go through this.

This being said I'm pretty confident FNH would rectify any problems.
    What do you mean by "first release"?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    What do you mean by "first release"?
    First release may not have been the best word choice, first run might be a better choice.

Generally speaking I mean a product that has gone through its development and "beta" (for lack of a better word) testing and becomes available to the "mass" market for the first time.

Producing smaller quantities a company can relatively easily maintain quality control. When production really ramps up, especially to meet unexpected demand, the increased numbers invariably reveal other problems that have to be addressed.

This does NOT mean the product "sucks", quite the contrary, even the "best" products go through growing pains.

Please understand I've NO criticism for the SCAR, in fact I want one, I just want to see what the first-run buyers have to say.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Question

Since were on this subject of DSA's FAL's. Should I place a order thru them or a other dealer? Prices are going to be the one to make up my mind on this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Since were on this subject of DSA's FAL's. Should I place a order thru them or a other dealer? Prices are going to be the one to make up my mind on this.

Depends on how fast you want it... When we placed our order with DSA it took about 16wks, this was for a SA58 paratrooper stock w/ 18" barrel. There is a dealer who has been mentioned over on FAL-Files that usually has some in-stock.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Try to avoid ordering through them if you want immediate satisfaction.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    If you're happy with a standard production model, several companies have them in stock. www.rguns.net is one.

If you're looking for some customization and can wait (16 weeks is about right) ordering from them may be your best option.

Feedback Score
    If you think the SCAR platform hasn't been properly vetted at this point I'd say you are looking past the platform.
    As I said in my first post I spoke with someone that has had a fair amount of trigger time on both the light and heavy and he noted several issues with the gun that still needed to be fixed. That conversation took place at the end of June. The gun is not ready for prime time just yet. I am sure that they will get things squared away but the belief that the gun is 100% good to go right this second is misplaced.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    One other advantage to ordering from DSA is that if you have an FFL or know an FFL that will hook you up, you can get dealer pricing which represents a nice discount.

You will pay retail anywhere else.

Feedback Score
    +1 on the FAL, I got my first DSA this year and I am going to order another shortly. Mine took 6 months to build because I got a SBR, and another 6 1/2 weeks for my tax stamp. Well worth the wait.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast