Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The more I shoot my SIG 320 C, the more I like it. My Glock 19 may be getting the boot.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Tried to like the P320C, had some trigger slap but is reliable and accurate. However the G19 does the same thing in a smaller package. I still have my 320, but it lives in a small dark box and I'll likely trade / sell / etc at some point.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    In my quest for a better trigger, I was curious/brave/stupid enough to totally disassemble the FCU and striker. There are a lot of einsey weinsey little springs and pins in there. Really einsey weinsey! I bent 1 spring, lost another and broke the safety tab lever, which as I found out is very fragile with the slightest bit of lateral pressure. Parts replacement for the 320 right now isn't the best. It's been over a week I've been waiting for the safety tab lever and will be waiting for another 2 weeks or so.

The upside is, the contact points have all been smoothed. Can't wait to get it back together again.

As to the OP's question, haven't decided yet which I like better between the G19 and 320C. The 320 is easier to be accurate with for sure, but I don't know how it handles at speed yet and the G19 is more size efficient.
    Hopefully now with Uncle Sam adopting the Sig and the associated increase in popularity, more spring and small parts "kits" will show up as for Glocks.

john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    While I only have 626 rounds through my 320 at this point, I have had very good performance. It eats 115, 124, 147gr be they Gold Dots, HSTS, Blazer Aluminum, or Monarch Steel case. I have been running Bill Drills and El Prez drills on timers and there isn't anything that holds the 320 back. And the brass is ejected firmly and goes to the right every time--which is a nice plus. The trigger seemed weird at first with a little double click when dry firing. It went away some time in the first 200 rounds. I haven't bothered cleaning it since the second outing.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    After 40 or so years of shooting 1911s, I've been trying to switch over to glock over the last several years. I truly think the g17 is one of the finest combat handguns on the planet. My EDC is a g26.
    Having said that, I must also say that shooting a glock has always been a battle. No other pistol or revolver has ever been as difficult to shoot as my damn glocks. I can - with a lot of effort - shoot POA=POI, but those SOBs truly do want to shoot low & left
    I've been wanting to explore sigs with the hope of dropping my glocks. I want 9mm, and I'm 6'5" and 280#, so I can EDC the "carry" version of the 320 with no problem. (I carry my g26 with a g19 mag with no problem.). So - I, too, am interested in 320 feedback.
    To complicate matters, I could even see going the 229/Legion route. For a variety of reasons, I am also interested in 229 vs 320 accuracy out to +/- 75m.
    Looking forward to the comments and dicussions.
    john
    I've been a Glock guy since my mid-teens. It's all we really had until the last couple of years. I bought two SIG P229s. The most recent, which I still have, is a 9mm Scorpion TB. I will likely carry it more if I can get a holster more akin to my Glock17/19 INCOG instead of the Alien Gear IWB that I have. I love the Scorpion, but I have the wrong holster for my skinny butt.

I can't move away from Glocks, though. In case of a local breakdown or national SHTF situation, the majority of law enforcement are running 9mm Glocks. I look at commonality and reliability in that respect. I will agree that the Glocks love shooting low and left. It's driving a friend up the wall now. I'm searching for a new Gen4 19 to buy now.

But, the 320 also has me intrigued... I'm waiting for more information and something close to the MHS model.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    While I only have 626 rounds through my 320 at this point, I have had very good performance. It eats 115, 124, 147gr be they Gold Dots, HSTS, Blazer Aluminum, or Monarch Steel case. I have been running Bill Drills and El Prez drills on timers and there isn't anything that holds the 320 back. And the brass is ejected firmly and goes to the right every time--which is a nice plus. The trigger seemed weird at first with a little double click when dry firing. It went away some time in the first 200 rounds. I haven't bothered cleaning it since the second outing.
    Could there be a "break my Sig 320" thread coming?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Could there be a "break my Sig 320" thread coming?
    I am hoping for this....

If it happens, and does well, I'd like to pick up that new p320 X5.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagemonkey View Post
    The more I shoot my SIG 320 C, the more I like it. My Glock 19 may be getting the boot.
    Im in the same boat, never thought Id consider switching away from my Glock 19s until I shot a 320 tacops carry.

Feedback Score
    I have been using Glocks off and on since the early 90s. I have been FORCED to use a Sig and an M92 for brief periods in between but I don't take kindly to new stuff until it's been around the block a few times.

If I thought I might be in a fight I might carry the Sig, if I KNEW I was gonna be in a fight I'd only settle for a Glock.

Feedback Score
    I've been a Glock owner and user for 20+ years. For striker fired handguns I had a "Glock Only" attitude, UNTIL I bought two Gen 4 Model 19s. Both gave me severe brass-to-face ejection regardless of what brand, bullet weight or power level of ammunition I used. Severe meaning at least 4 hot empties in the face out of every magazine but more often 6-8 bouncing off my forehead and shooting glasses. I learned that it is not every 9mm Glock that does this, but a significant number.

Glock loyalists/fanbois claim this is caused by everything from limp wristing and weak ammunition to the phase of the moon. In truth, it is simply the fault of the gun and the cost saving changes Glock has made and refused to change back to the reliable parts of the past.

Because of this BTF from those two G19s I started buying other brands of polymer framed striker fired handguns. Guess what? I found that I liked most of them better than any Glock I had ever owned.

One of those I like better than the Glocks is the Sig P320. And I'm definitely not a Sig fan. I've owned a few DA/SA Sigs and kept none of them. My P320 compact is most definitely a keeper. It has better ergonomics, better trigger, better sights and better finish than a Glock. And I paid $50 less for my P320, with excellent Sig night sights, than a Glock 17 or 19 with the normal suck Glock plastic sights.

My P320 is not my favorite polymer striker fired handgun. My VP9, PPQ and FNS-9 are all slightly better in my opinion. But, the P320 is certainly better than any of the many Glocks I've owned over the years.

Someone will always (always) be along to tell you that the Glock has a ton of after market parts. That is true since the Glock has been around so long. The questions a new prospective Glock buyer should ask themselves are:

1. Do I need and will I buy a bunch of after market parts? Do you buy a car or truck based on how many accessories are made for it? If not then you shouldn't base your handgun choice on how much money you can spend on the gun after you buy it.

2. If the Glock is so perfect then why do all these after market parts exist? It is true for me, and many others, that Glock plastic sights suck but in all the years and all the models of Glocks that I've owned the sights are the only thing I have changed from the stock configuration on any of them.

In the last few years there have been many excellent striker fired handguns brought to the market by different manufacturers. I've bought a number of them and found that I like almost all of them better than my Glocks. I'm obviously not a Glock hater since I've bought and shot them for so many years and currently own five of them. But, I will almost certainly never buy another one as I like the other brands and models I own better. One of those "other" brands and models I like better is the Sig P320.

Funny thing is that if those two Gen 4 Glock 19s had not pounded my face with hot empties I may never have gotten around to trying some of the newer, and better, polymer strikers such as my P320, VP9s, PPQs, FNSs, P99 and Kahrs. Just an opinion of one, but it's the opinion of an actual Glock owner and P320 owner and a person who shoots a lot.

Choice is a good thing and I'm thankful we live in a place and a time when American shooters have so many good choices in handguns. Either of these guns would likely be a good choice, but I definitely have a preference.

OP, my advice is to buy the P320. If there is a problem Sig service is good and likely won't try to blame the problem on everything except the gun.
    Last edited by Helix12; 02-06-17 at 15:41.

Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast