Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geissele SSA Problem

Feedback Score

Geissele SSA Problem

Installed new Geissele SSA Trigger in my Rebel Arms. Trigger does not fire 2 stage it fires on 1st pull. I triple checked to make sure I followed installation instructions to a T, including web videos. Any fix suggestions greatly appreciated.

Update: User Problem Not Trigger Problem: (So you don't have to scroll through)

I misunderstood the definition/function of Geissele SSA - Two Stage Trigger. I was under the impression that, after the first slight trigger pull there was a slight break in the first stage followed by a pull and then a crisp break (fire) of the second stage. I didn't realize that the first stage of the trigger pull was just a slight consistent resistance before the second stage - break (fire). However, I did receive some experience in correctly installing and correctly re-installing the trigger. Thanks again M4C.
    Last edited by Infadel; 11-23-15 at 11:53. Reason: User Problem Not Product

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Either something is not installed correctly, or something is out of spec. I'd remove the trigger group and re-install it.

Did you build this lower up for the first time or did you just replace the trigger that came installed with it ?
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slvr Surfr View Post
    Either something is not installed correctly, or something is out of spec. I'd remove the trigger group and re-install it.

Did you build this lower up for the first time or did you just replace the trigger that came installed with it ?
    Thanks Slvr
    Removed and re-installed. Same problem firing on 1st pull. I'm doing something wrong just can't figure out what?
    Replacing the original trigger. Wanted to try the SSA after reading about it.
    Last edited by Infadel; 11-22-15 at 15:06.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Take pictures of it installed from a few angles.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    From your wording it sounds like you don't understand fully what a two stage trigger is. Almost all triggers fire on the first pull, even two states triggers. In simple terms , a two-stage trigger has a specific amount of "creep" which suddenly "stacks up" before a crisp release. This gives you the safety of a firm trigger pull with very nearly the precision of a very light pull. I think you may be confusing a two stage with a set trigger.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Take pictures of it installed from a few angles.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I'm not seeing anything wrong with installation.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wantabigbore View Post
    From your wording it sounds like you don't understand fully what a two stage trigger is. Almost all triggers fire on the first pull, even two states triggers. In simple terms , a two-stage trigger has a specific amount of "creep" which suddenly "stacks up" before a crisp release. This gives you the safety of a firm trigger pull with very nearly the precision of a very light pull. I think you may be confusing a two stage with a set trigger.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Bingo
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    Bingo
    Double Bingo.

I thought there was supposed to be two breaks 1st & 2nd (fire). Didn't realize 1st stage was slight pull only (no break). Thanks to all for the help.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    The words stack and creep shouldn't be used to describe a good two stage trigger. Neither apply.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast