Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FRENCH SPECIAL FORCES LOADOUT

Feedback Score

FRENCH SPECIAL FORCES LOADOUT

So as some may know I'm an HK snob, I also have been keeping up with the things going on in France. While watching news reports and watching the "HK in action" threads I noticed that most of the French special forces/ counter-terror forces are running 2 pistols, one on a thigh rig and one on a vest holster. I was wondering if anyone had any input on this or had seen this before. These guys are obviously highly trained, but I have never seen special ops guys carrying 2 pistols before.

z08TORX.jpg

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Well they did fire 5,000 rounds during the raid on the apartment. I wonder if that is a Glock 18 in the thigh holster?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Judging by the mag that would be my guess. The guy doesn't look like he just put on a lot of cool gear that morning, so I'm sure his second pistol doesn't interfere with him mounting the shoulder weapon, but I think a pistol in that location would interfere with many folks getting the rifle/carbine/shotgun into their shoulder.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    He might be using the chest-mounted pistol as a type of memory tab for mounting the rifle. Seems prone to Murphy and his jackassery, but I've seen worse ideas fielded.

Sent from 80ms in the future
    Jimmy

Feedback Score
    Maybe the chest mount was the standard spot for the sidearm, and he added the machine pistol in the arms room as an afterthought. Or vice versa. Holy height over bore on that EOTech!
    "This motto may adorn their tombs
    (Let tyrants come and view):
    We rather seek these silent rooms
    Than live as slaves to you."

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Feedback Score
    I think that's taking the old "one is none and two is one" a bit too far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DCtheGB View Post
    I think that's taking the old "one is none and two is one" a bit too far

Met a SWAT guy once who would carry like three or four sidearms on a raid. "I can grab another gun faster than you can reload." Was his mentality.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There is another thread on here where it is stated the two pistols are used because when holding the riot shield the officer can't reload his primary pistol.

Feedback Score
    Well in that case it makes sense

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Met a SWAT guy once who would carry like three or four sidearms on a raid. "I can grab another gun faster than you can reload." Was his mentality.
    Said more often than supported by fact.

Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    There is another thread on here where it is stated the two pistols are used because when holding the riot shield the officer can't reload his primary pistol.
    Seen on guys running shields, dogs, and anyone else having only one free hand. Also seen on medics in some applications.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast