Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion EVO Carbine

Feedback Score

Too bad ATF lost my approved Form 4s, so I'll be waiting for the Rugged Obsidian yet longer.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I've been kicking around the idea of buying an Evo for about 2 years now. Those of you who've had an one for an extended amount of time, do you still enjoy it or do you regret your purchase. Any particular likes/dislikes about it.
    Full disclosure, I've yet to shoot one. I've got a plethora of long guns & handguns, but never owned a subgun.

Feedback Score
    I've owned my Evo (pistol w/brace) for almost 3 years. I had little expectations for it and actually saw myself selling it within a year or two of owning it (this is right when I purchased it and haven't shot it yet). I put the "brace" on it and a red dot and sighted it in at 15 yards (it was a good happy medium for bullet drop for my applications). I then took it out and did some drills and various things with it. After that first REAL range trip I was 100% SOLD on it! It was SO MUCH FUN and it's 9mm so it's cheap to feed! I kept telling everyone how impressed I was and never thought I would have that much fun with a "SMG". Almost 3 years later (about 2,000 rds down the pipe), I gotta say it's doing well with 0 malfunctions and is one of those guns that puts a smile on a lot of people's faces when they shoot it for the first time.

PRO's
    -Small package
    -On the "cheaper side" when it comes to pistol cal carbines
    -Mags are plentiful and cheap
    -Reliable
    -Very accurate (much more than I was expecting. I made shot at 200 yards on a 16 inch steel gong. Full mag was all hits)
    -Lots of aftermarket parts available to upgrade parts you may not care for

CON's
    -To some it may feel a little cheap since it's polymer vs most other SMG's that are all metal
    -Trigger is ok, but not great (can be upgraded)
    -Dual safety can dig in your hand (can be upgraded/removed)
    -The charging handle is low profile so it can "cheese grate" your finger if you aren't paying attention (can be upgraded as well)

Let me know if you have any more questions. Happy to share what I can!
    Last edited by Doc. Holiday; 10-26-19 at 23:39.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    I like how smooth it is to shoot, I am not skilled enough to articulate that well, but it is just FUN to shoot!! Being accurate helps!
    Mine is the carbine model with the Faux silencer

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TN cop View Post
    I've been kicking around the idea of buying an Evo for about 2 years now. Those of you who've had an one for an extended amount of time, do you still enjoy it or do you regret your purchase. Any particular likes/dislikes about it.
    Full disclosure, I've yet to shoot one. I've got a plethora of long guns & handguns, but never owned a subgun.
    I have the 16” braked rifle. I’ve had it for about two years, and it’s a hoot every time I take out to the range. Easy to shoot, easy to clean, good ergos and accurate.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I haven't had mine for years, but I have taken it out twice and have about 400 rounds through it. Like another poster I was actually hesitant to buy it in the first place, as I don't like owning a ton of guns. The only big complaint I had out of the box was the trigger. Fortunately $9 in trigger springs will fix it pretty quick. Also like other posters: this CZ is insanely fun to shoot. I didn't want to spend more then 1k on a PCC, and felt like I only had 2 real options being the CZ and grand power. Im really glad I chose the CZ and actually think its a very well designed gun at any price. The after market is really strong for it; good if you are used to Glock's and AR's. Best part about the gun is the price of mags. Just got my magpul 35's for $18 each which is a far cry from the $70+ you can spend on MP5 mags.

Over all I would definitely buy this gun again.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    as I don't like owning a ton of guns.
    What? This is the first time I’ve ever read anything like this on a gun forum.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    What? This is the first time I’ve ever read anything like this on a gun forum.
    Yea, I just feel that you only really need one gun as a man. Every gun after that is a toy, and even though the economy is doing way better for me I just can't justify having a dozen guns and optics. Just so many smarter places to put my money. What's ironic is that my wife is really into shooting and has encouraged buying more guns than necessary.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

CZ Scorpion EVO Carbine

Bringing this old thread back….
    I’m looking at getting the pistol version. Is everyone still happy with their Scorpions?
    Last edited by 202; 10-03-21 at 11:49.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I love my carbine. Reliable, accurate for what it is, and a blast to shoot. There’s a very strong aftermarket for them as well.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast