Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion EVO Carbine

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    Looks awesome. A few questions:
    3. Can the gun even be fired with the CZ stock folded? Haven't handled the CZ stock since it's rarer than hen's teeth right now.
    Yes, it can be fired with the OEM stock folded.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well I've got CZ's 922r kit on order but I'd jump all over this if there's a pre-order for them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    First production run is being made now. The only reason we announced now vs. waiting is because the product will be featured in the next edition of Recoil Magazine, which hits stores this week.
    OK, here is my issue. I see no way of using this stock without still having to purchase a $200 922r kit which includes a factory stock that actually works pretty well. That means that I'd have to purchase the rifle ($800+/-), 922r kit ($200), adaptor and stock ($175).

This would be a no brainier if you charged a little more (i.e. $200 to compete with the factory stock kit) and included the other parts to be 922r compliant.
    Last edited by Sensei; 01-20-16 at 00:08.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    The carbine should already be 922r compliant? Sell the stock and buy this one.

As for the pistol, you can still, at least right now I believe, offset a lot of the cost of the kit just selling the stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Deleted.... need more coffee.
    Last edited by domestique; 01-20-16 at 06:12.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That actually looks like it would have the same problem the AK Zhukov has- too much comb height vs. the OEM stock.

Both stocks dip below the height of the receiver to achieve proper cheek weld and eye position, but the Zhukov is straight.

Perhaps maybe in 9mm it won't realign my cervical vertebrae though...

ETA: I guess it might work with a set of AR BUIS and an AR-height optic...
    Last edited by KalashniKEV; 01-20-16 at 15:06.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    Looks awesome. A few questions:

1. How does the cheekweld/eyebox compare to the CZ stock? Is it higher or lower or equal?

2. Can the gun be fired with the stock folded? It looks like the stock covers the ejection port, so I wasn't sure.

3. Can the gun even be fired with the CZ stock folded? Haven't handled the CZ stock since it's rarer than hen's teeth right now.

4. How does your adapter differ from CZ Custom's? I was eyeing theirs up as well, but I can't seem to find it on their website right now.

Thank you for the sneak peek!
    To your questions:

1. Our cheek weld is ever so slightly higher than the CZ, but for most people it is preferable to the factory CZ. It is fully functional with iron sights, and MUCH better when using a red dot (Aimpoint, RMR, MRO, etc.).

2. Yes, the gun can be fired with the stock folded. Brass hits the stock, but clears completely.

3. Yes, the CZ can be fired with the stock folded.

4. Our adapter replaces the Magpul AK interface, whereas the CZ Custom adapter adapts from the AK interface to the CZ. As a result, our adapter has a shorter minimum LOP, fewer parts, and less weight.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    To your questions:

1. Our cheek weld is ever so slightly higher than the CZ, but for most people it is preferable to the factory CZ. It is fully functional with iron sights, and MUCH better when using a red dot (Aimpoint, RMR, MRO, etc.).

2. Yes, the gun can be fired with the stock folded. Brass hits the stock, but clears completely.

3. Yes, the CZ can be fired with the stock folded.

4. Our adapter replaces the Magpul AK interface, whereas the CZ Custom adapter adapts from the AK interface to the CZ. As a result, our adapter has a shorter minimum LOP, fewer parts, and less weight.
    Nice! Thank you. #4 is especially great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    OK, here is my issue. I see no way of using this stock without still having to purchase a $200 922r kit which includes a factory stock that actually works pretty well. That means that I'd have to purchase the rifle ($800+/-), 922r kit ($200), adaptor and stock ($175).

This would be a no brainier if you charged a little more (i.e. $200 to compete with the factory stock kit) and included the other parts to be 922r compliant.
    We will be selling the remaining 922(r) compliant parts, so you should be into this for around $250 vs. $200 for the CZ kit.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    We will be selling the remaining 922(r) compliant parts, so you should be into this for around $250 vs. $200 for the CZ kit.
    ...and you will have 250 of my pesos in short order.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast