Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody have more info on this teaser? (Colt LE6960 Mid-Length)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Anybody have more info on this teaser? (Colt LE6960 Mid-Length)

Colt 16" midlength with a Centurion MLOK Rail.

Link
    Last edited by TexasAggie2005; 12-01-15 at 10:00.

Feedback Score
    Colt being massively late to the party? Like, decades?

Colt has always ignored the civilian market, because they had .mil contracts. Now they don't, so now they're making 1/2 hearted, late attempts at building what the civilian market has been begging them for.

**** Colt.

Colt; Because you suck, and we hate you.
    Last edited by M&P15T; 12-01-15 at 10:41.
    Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus (519 BC – 430 BC) Power should only be given to those that want it least.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a hard time believing in a colt middy...I would love if they proved me wrong though. Still a tough one to believe.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I woukd be up for a Colt OEM middy

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Looks good to me.

Who cares if they're late to the party.

My main concern is no MLOK slots at 0100 and 1100.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
    Colt being massively late to the party? Like, decades?

Colt has always ignored the civilian market, because they had .mil contracts. Now they don't, so now they're making 1/2 hearted, late attempts at building what the civilian market has been begging them for.

**** Colt.

Colt; Because you suck, and we hate you.

Actually incorrect. Colt has foreign and US .Mil contract CURRENTLY.

The reason why Colt never made a middy is because their engineers didn't see a real need.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Actually incorrect. Colt has foreign and US .Mil contract CURRENTLY.

The reason why Colt never made a middy is because their engineers didn't see a real need.

C4
    Colt never saw a business reason to offer many things, including a mid-length gas system. In the end, Colt kept it's back turned to the civilian market for decades. But now after bankruptcy and seeing other companies like BCM and DD do the same thing far better, and seeing their slice of the .mil contract pie cut drastically, they're suddenly deciding to care about us civilians.

To hell with them. They're as bad as H&K.
    Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus (519 BC – 430 BC) Power should only be given to those that want it least.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Colt never saw a business reason to offer many things, including a mid-length gas system. In the end, Colt kept it's back turned to the civilian market for decades. But now after bankruptcy and seeing other companies like BCM and DD do the same thing far better, and seeing their slice of the .mil contract pie cut drastically, they're suddenly deciding to care about us civilians.

To hell with them. They're as bad as H&K.
    Somewhat true. If the Govt wasn't asking for one, they weren't building one. With that said, they have turned more to the commercial sales side and still didn't make one. Reason? Not a huge difference in performance. What they failed to grasp (at least the engineering dept.) is that people wanted longer rails.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Somewhat true. If the Govt wasn't asking for one, they weren't building one. With that said, they have turned more to the commercial sales side and still didn't make one. Reason? Not a huge difference in performance. What they failed to grasp (at least the engineering dept.) is that people wanted longer rails.C4
    Shoot a 6920 and a BCM mid-length with their Gunfighter comp side-by-side, and tell me there's no huge difference.

Again, it's not just gas-system lengths where Colt has mired itself in do-nothingness.

It's simple; they made 0 effort to cater to the civilian market, up until the last year or so. They ignored the civilian market like it didn't exist. Businesses that ignore their customers don't stay in business for long. Hence, bankruptcy.
    Last edited by M&P15T; 12-01-15 at 12:25.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Shoot a 6920 and a BCM mid-length with their Gunfighter comp side-by-side, and tell me there's no huge difference.

Again, it's not just gas-system lengths where Colt has mired itself in do-nothingness.

It's simple; they made 0 effort to cater to the civilian market, up until the last year or so. They ignored the civilian market like it didn't exist.
    There really isn't. If you put a comp on both guns and then measure split times, you will not find much difference at all (cannot go by feel, must go by performance).

Over the last two years, they have actually made HUGE strides to embrace the commercial market (IMHO), we now have a LARGE selection of Colt parts (specifically NFA uppers and barrels). Factory built SBR's are now available to commercial distributors (before it was LE only distributor and sales). This is a HUGE change at Colt.

C4

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast