Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best SPR suppressor?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does anyone have any user feedback on the Griffin SPR? How are their mounts? How they sound and group on a good SPR style upper?

Feedback Score
    If your barrel is profiled for it then the AEM5 has my vote. If it's not profiled for an AEM5 then I'd probably lean towards the Griffin SPR if you're going for max SPRness, and maybe something lighter weight if you're not.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty invested in the "modern" designs from Surefire, SilencerCo, AAC, and Sig. I enjoy shooting my AEM5 the most.

ETA: Plenty of friends with cans from TB, Dead Air, Griffin, Gemtech, etc. All good cans in their own right, but I still like my AEM5.
    Last edited by plinkerr; 11-23-16 at 13:56.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    Does anyone have any user feedback on the Griffin SPR? How are their mounts? How they sound and group on a good SPR style upper?
    Slight shift when the can is on, typical with adding weight to the end of the barrel. The only ammo I tested it with was the 5.56 Mk262 CBC clone stuff. Accuracy was typical of the ammo; hovering just under 1 MOA.

Unless you're trying for an SBR type thing, I'd look to something with more versatility. If I had to do it over again I would have bought the Recce, just for that reason. According to GA, the SPR will have a bit less back pressure and noise than the Recce, but at the price of that end mount vs over the barrel design. The latter of which limits mounting options.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It's pretty hard to buy a horrible can. TBAC is know for accuracy. Safe bet. I have AAC 7.62SDN and shot half inch groups all day long, for years. I've had great luck with the new Sig cans. SO buy whatever tickles your fancy and shoot your gun to its potential.

Good luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just stuck my SPR/M4 on my MK12 Mod 1 build until I can buy an Allen Engineering and get it on there. Gotta be clone correct...

That said, a few friends have the OPS INC/ AE and I'm pretty excited to be able to test both side by side in the future.

The real fun part with the SPR/M4 is to try and track down one of the rare muzzle brakes for them. I bought a bunch of them a few years back and a few have been sitting in my drawer for a while. Every once in a while I've sold one. AAC should have made a lot more of them

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234