Thread: POF Renegade

Feedback Score

POF Renegade

I recently heard about POF making a DI rifle called the Renegade. I currently own a POF P415 with the NP3 coating. I like the finish and how easy it makes cleaning, but the rifle is substantially heavier than my Noveske, so it doesn't get much range time.

I am interested in getting a Renegade upper to replace the P415 upper, but the POF site currently only lists Black as the available color. Has anyone heard about the Renegade and if it will be available in NP3?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorLonghorn View Post
    I recently heard about POF making a DI rifle called the Renegade. I currently own a POF P415 with the NP3 coating. I like the finish and how easy it makes cleaning, but the rifle is substantially heavier than my Noveske, so it doesn't get much range time.

I am interested in getting a Renegade upper to replace the P415 upper, but the POF site currently only lists Black as the available color. Has anyone heard about the Renegade and if it will be available in NP3?
    Your best bet would be to call POF and ask. That'd earn a more reliable answer than anything else.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    I did that, but thusfar have not received a response. I am inclined to think, however, that it would not be likely. The P415 upper receiver does not have a rail; instead, the upper rail is part of a monolithic handguard. Thus, only the upper and lower, sans the rail, are NP3-coated. The Renegade upper, on the other hand, has a conventional integrated rail. I doubt they would make a rifle with only the back part of the rail NP3-coated. They could coat the entire rifle, but would probably be too much.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I'll bet for the coin they get they would do the stripped upper whatever color you want before assembly.