Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: MAC's VP9 test.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

MAC's VP9 test.

http://gun-videos.net/2015/12/03/hk-vp9-torture-test/

I'll admit I was surprised by the results. Kind of shocked actually.

In this video, the Military Arms Channel is at the range putting the HK VP9 through the torture test. The 9mm ammunition used is from ZQI.
    The VP9 holster shown is from Contact! Concealment. The gun belt is from Daltech Force.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    From my perspective, the failures shown in the video are result of 2 actual weaknesses to the VP9 design. Weak slide lockup when cocked and trigger bar / disconnector design

The one thing that has always bothered me about my VP9 is that when the gun is cocked, the gun has a very weak lockup. The firearm slide can be move 1/8" in and out of battery with very minimal force when cocked. When I say minimal, I mean light touch with pinky finger can move the slide out of battery. There is not enough spring tension in the design to have a strong lockup. This means that anything that could restrict slide movement or grit in the slide rails could almost guarantee the gun to not lock completely into battery.

If dirt and grime gets into the trigger bar assembly, it can keep the bar down, thus preventing it from resetting properly. This is what MAC was sort of describing in the video when he took the gun apart.

These 2 things makes the gun more susceptible to "wet grime" more than other gun designs. I still carry my VP9 and will keep it, but Glock is still my goto gun.
    Last edited by aestusx; 12-03-15 at 14:54.

Feedback Score
    Not an impressive performance at all.
    NRA & GOA - Join the fight!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    How many VP9 shooters that are shooting them a lot in different conditions are experiencing issues? Are they being widely reported or is this one of a few cases?
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    How many VP9 shooters that are shooting them a lot in different conditions are experiencing issues? Are they being widely reported or is this one of a few cases?
    I've never had an issue in normal shooting, but I've never done those types of tests either.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Kind of troubling to say the least.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I watched this last night and expected a far better performance. I realize the "tests" are extreme in nature and not realistic, but it still shines a different light on the gun.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Interesting indeed. Realistically I don't forsee that kind of abuse ever happening to mine but the mag release was somthing I hadn't concidered.I'd like to see how other guns faired in the sandy mud.

Off topic though, does anyone know what kind of jacket he's wearing? For how cold it looks like it is outside he doesn't seem to be cold in what looks like a light weight coat.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I was surprised by the results too. The VP9 is by far my favorite handgun. I'm not as concerned with the way the gun was after he threw it around for awhile. But I am concerned about what happens when a bit of water gets inside the striker channel. That really concerned me.

Feedback Score
    This was a bit disconcerting !

Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast