Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: MAC's VP9 test.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Not me, not yet anyway. But I've never needed to thus far. I still want to get an ultrasonic cleaner but have not that either. I would think it would shake out most nasty stuff if it got to that point. Granted if something breaks you still have to pull it down.

I got kinda far into my Walther PPS one day for some reason and it's no fun either. 1911, Ruger MK III, IV, AR is fine but I don't try to take those polymer pistols apart.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    I had an earlier model VP9 purchased in 2015. The pistol was accurate and easy to shoot well mostly due to the above average trigger for a striker fired. In the 500 or so rounds I put through it I never had an issue with reliability. My main issue with the type is detail stripping. I have experience maintaining everything from an M61 Vulcan 20mm cannon to M9/M11 pistols and the VP9 was a pain in the ass (at least for me). I always detail strip my weapons for familiarity and servicing either for a breakage or periodic maintenance. I do not think having the trigger bar spring exposed in the mag well is the best design. If you’re dropping mags during training the possibility for debris interfering with the spring is there. The open slide plate also introduces the possibility for debris. How many of you VP9 owners have attempted detail stripping your pistol?
    I did to install the HKparts spring kit... it’s easier than taking apart a USP.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I didn't realize there were so many after market parts for the VP9.

What do you guys consider the 'must do' bang for your buck changes?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post

Honestly I'm not sure there really is anything that "needs" to be done to the VP9. That said, the firing pin sleeve seems to be a decent idea. I like to clean out the firing pin channel every 1000 rounds or so, and the factory sleeve easily deforms over time. I've heard others mention replacing the slide plate at the rear to keep debris out of the channel, but I ran all of my torture "tests" with the factory plate and had no issues, so I'm not convinced it does anything positive other than aesthetics (I could be wrong though).

If you're a fan of aftermarket triggers Ive heard the Lazy Wolf triggers are nice. I may try one eventually but haven't got around to it yet.

I threw a Parker Mountain Machine compensator on my VP9 Tactical a couple weeks ago, and so far it's done well. It feeds most range ammo and all HD ammo I've run through it so far. Some of the weaker ammo will stovepipe every couple hundred rounds if you limp wrist the pistol, but that's the worst I've seen. It does seem to reduce recoil a noticeable amount.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Honestly, none. There's nothing they need to be great pistols out of the box and my recent additions are after several years of shooting mine stock. You may prefer different sites and such, but that's a want vs a need and the 3 dot sites the Vp9 comes with have been adequate for me.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    I had an earlier model VP9 purchased in 2015. The pistol was accurate and easy to shoot well mostly due to the above average trigger for a striker fired. In the 500 or so rounds I put through it I never had an issue with reliability. My main issue with the type is detail stripping. I have experience maintaining everything from an M61 Vulcan 20mm cannon to M9/M11 pistols and the VP9 was a pain in the ass (at least for me). I always detail strip my weapons for familiarity and servicing either for a breakage or periodic maintenance. I do not think having the trigger bar spring exposed in the mag well is the best design. If you’re dropping mags during training the possibility for debris interfering with the spring is there. The open slide plate also introduces the possibility for debris. How many of you VP9 owners have attempted detail stripping your pistol?
    I did when I put in a new sere spring and trigger.

It’s not difficult at all with the right tools.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I'm a traditional 1911 person myself as nothing else seems comfortable in my hands.

Except a VP9/P30.

I'm getting that itch for a new pistol. Change my mind...
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

If I wasn't broke as shit and selling my VP9 I'd be sending it to Lazy Wolf for some work. Their carry comp build looks fantastic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I'm a traditional 1911 person myself as nothing else seems comfortable in my hands.

Except a VP9/P30.

I'm getting that itch for a new pistol. Change my mind...
    I was the same way.
    Love my Kimber.
    Tried a few Glocks.
    Didn't like them and didn't understand the hype.
    Bought a Shield for carry and was pleasantly surprised.
    Then decided to try a VP9.
    Loved it so I bought one.
    By far it's the pistol I shoot most now.

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253