Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: MAC's VP9 test.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I would have liked to see this done side-by-side with a G19 or other known quantity handgun.

Without a baseline, this test is meaningless.

(I am a devout Glock fanboy. So as much as I want to say "Haha, told you so", I cannot...)
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I would have liked to see this done side-by-side with a G19 or other known quantity handgun.

Without a baseline, this test is meaningless.

(I am a devout Glock fanboy. So as much as I want to say "Haha, told you so", I cannot...)
    At one point in the video he did mention that a similR test was performed with a glock, and, it faired better than the vp9

Feedback Score
    The water part was interesting. Most guns can fire underwater so that surprised me. Meh, it is what it is.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My take on this, while many pass this video off as extreme in nature and not the norm of day to day routines, the puddle at the very beginning that shut down the striker, is concerning. Secondly the dirt and grime, and I go to Copper Custom about once a week and see Tim (MAC) about once a month, so I am aware of the kind of dirt he is talking about. It's more sand than dirt as we are about 10-30 minutes (depending on where you live) south of Lake Michigan. I live about 10 minutes from it, and the back edge of my back yard is basically sand, with grass growing out of it. What concerns me though, is that on carry guns, how many times does lint get pushed in and out of the actions and all over the handgun? Lots if you EDC.

I've also seen how easy it is to knock the VP9's slide out of battery, which can be worrisome if you're reholstering and you bump the muzzle end on the kydex or just the tension from the kydex throws it just an 1/8" out of battery. I love H&K, but this exposed some real flaws and would like to see more of these basic tests done. We don't have to start chopping trees down or steel poppers to see if the gun chokes.
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Jaysop;2222992Off topic though, does anyone know what kind of jacket he's wearing? [/QUOTE]

Cabelas

----------

I'm surprised at those results too. I hope lots of people watch this because I still want one... the cheaper the better.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I admit, that surprised me....there was a guy over at hkpro who did water and dirt tests on his vp9 and it functioned fine...although the mud MAC used looks much worse than what he did

As a vp9 guy, I will keep an eye on this
    VA Arms Co alumnus

Feedback Score
    I think with the added complexity of the trigger components it isn't all that surprising to be honest, I still really like the handgun but it is an eye opener for sure about it's weaknesses

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    This guy doesn't throw his around and no water involved.... but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghidy-kCR9E

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Meh. I'm not seeing anything that would make me second guess the VP9 as my carry choice. Simply entertainment. I haven't seen anything on his channel that would influence my decisions. Reference his 9mm defensive ammo barrier test video and his fawning over Underwood's "consistent 19 inches of penetration and the stretch cavity."

IMO, click bait Clown shoes.

Feedback Score
    That's a bit troublesome, oh well I still have my glocks and a p30. Maybe I'll sell one of my VP9s for a p30 sk can't say vp9 is something I'd depend my life on
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast