Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms SG 553 R (7.62x39)

Feedback Score
    I feel your pain. I paid in full and already have the friggin tax stamp. The delivery keeps getting pushed. Here is hoping for September. We should really know for sure. If they are delivering them in September then they should be working on them right now.

Feedback Score
    I didn't pay in full because I figured that would somehow cause it never to happen.

Feedback Score
    Just heard from the importer. It is now October. They have addressed the mag well/ ejection port issues and are waiting for the barrels now. It is starting to feel like Beretta AXR caliber packs, Aug barrels in 300 blackout, and Bren tens.... but we will just have to see. EVERY TIME I pay in full for something, this happens... one would think I would learn.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    Waiting on the barrels? My goodness! What have they been doing for the last year and a half? I don't see how they can make money operating that slowly. I don't see how Jdi (importer) can stand it. They get a +1 for being patient. I've been through this before, so I've learned to be patient. My factory Sig556 SBR took a year and a half to arrive. It was worth it in the end. This will be too.
    Last edited by Bret; 09-28-17 at 13:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Waiting on the barrels? My goodness! What have they been doing for the last year and a half? I don't see how they can make money operating that slowly. I don't see how Jdi (importer) can stand it. They get a +1 for being patient. I've been though this before, so I've learned to be patient. My factory Sig556 SBR took a year and a half to arrive. It was worth it in the end. This will be too.
    \
    Be
    Brother, you must be reading my chats. Its started out with "good lord, they are a year late and they don't even have barrels"? Apparently they didn't want to pay for a bunch of barrels until they got the mag well/ejection port issue sorted. Now that they have that done, they ordered the barrels. ON the bright side, Blaser makes good stuff, so there is that.

Like you, I have been down this road before, although I generally don't pay for stuff in advance - shades of Beretta caliber packs for the rifle, 6.5 Grendel XCRs, 300 blackout AUGs... I did this time to get the tax stamp. I have the stock, pin, optic... ready to roll so if it comes in, it'll be sweet. Been doing some research and it appears that the 7.62x39 fusion round is the best available. I will buy a couple hundred rounds of that and back them by the 8M3 "effect bullet". IF it arrives, IF it works, and IF its accurate, this might be the ideal 150 yard rifle - particularly given the performance/cost ratio of the 8M3 round. Fingers crossed but doubt is starting to creep in.

I will say this about JDI. Super communication. Tells it like it is. Responds within minutes. So I trust them, but they are dependent on Heidi and Gunter...
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    FYI, for anyone who might want to know. I purchased some Magpul gen3 AK47 magazines for when I convert mine from a pistol to a rifle (for sec922(r) compliance). I tried them in a multitude of AK's and they fit in them all. They're a little tighter than your typical AK magazine, but that's OK. Of course when I get my 553R next month I'll try it with a variety of magazines in pistol configuration just to make sure it's working as it should.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info on the Magpul gen3's. I'm planning on modifying the gen3 .308 followers for use on the 751. We'll see.
    Hope your right about October! October would be great... I've grown accustomed to the wait, and I'm absolutely certain that these aren't running late because of paying in advance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does anyone know if the 553R's that JDI is bringing in have threaded barrels? Hard to tell.

And they have been further delayed beyond October. Sigh.

Feedback Score
    I can't imagine that they wouldn't come with threaded barrels. After all, they're being imported as pistols.

The sanswissarms.com website still says October. Do you have information beyond that (and the obvious that we're almost half through October)?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I can't imagine that they wouldn't come with threaded barrels. After all, they're being imported as pistols.

The sanswissarms.com website still says October. Do you have information beyond that (and the obvious that we're almost half through October)?
    Some of the 553s coming in do not have threaded barrels IIRC....but in all honesty I cannot place where I saw/read that.

The further delay is from JDI's facebook page.
    Last edited by USMC_JA; 10-13-17 at 13:32.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast