Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: walther p99 9mm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    A very under rated gun in my opinion. Walther made a huge mistake getting involved with S&W, IMHO.
    I totally agree
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ballsout View Post
    i was at the range and guy told me they are no longer importing the p99's. i think i might just got with the M&P felt and looks pretty nice.
    To my knowledge S&W still import P99s. The new models include the P99AS and the P99AS compact. Earl's Repair Service also imports P99s if you dont like the S&W import mark.

I also agree it is very under rated, especially in 9mm.
    "A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."
    --George William Curtis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a SW99, and three P99s (I bought both frame colors and the later, less proprietary accessory rail version), and found little difference among the Walthers and between the Walthers and the S&W.

All were very reliable, only perhaps one malfunction in thousands of rounds, more reliable than my G19s, and I liked the SA (all were pseudo DA/SA versions) triggers on them-they had very short, crisp resets. Shot one in LFI with Massad Ayoob, actually, worked like a champ.

In the end I was not shooting them much. And I thought the pseudo-DA/SA trigger was negating one advantage of a SFA, the same every time trigger pull, IMHO. Accessories tended to be pricy. They were a little bigger for CCW than a G19. So I sold them.

If I bought one now it would be the version with the single light trigger pull. I would check out the M&P and XD first if you are dead set on not getting a Glock, however.

Does S&W still make the SW99s? I would think that would compete directly with the M&P.

Feedback Score
    I've shot the P99 with the AST (anti-stress trigger). The first shot has a very long pull and then the trigger pull is more consistent. Personally, I can shoot a Glock better and I prefer the Sigs. I have never used one with the QA trigger that people here are referring to. I have seen one go down hard in competition due to the failure of an internal part. These were German made guns in use in South America.
    There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12