11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    What impact did the MAAD sustain?
    Concrete. uploadfromtaptalk1449439311958.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    Neither of my muzzle devices showed any wear, up until the point that the suppressor decided it wanted to pretend to be a bullet.
    I had exactly the same thing happen with my Saker 556 with MAAD mount except that it launched itself into a brier patch. No baffle strike and no damage to the Saker from hitting the ground but my ass was all scratched up by the time I found it. It was a strange feeling watching that chunk of metal fly down range.

I had the same markings on the trifecta flash hider mount. It happened maybe 100 rounds into the first time I took it out. I can't be absolutely certain that I had it locked down properly but I'm pretty sure I did. Also my dealer used a crush washer in mounting the flash hider so that might have been an issue as well, although there was no baffle strike. I called Silencer Co and sent it along with the MAAD mount and flash hider back to them on their dime. They had the suppressor inspected and sent back to me along with a new Trifecta MAAD mount and new flash hider in about 3 days.

Once I got it back I had some trouble getting the new mount unlocked but a quick call to SC customer service had me further tighten the mount to the suppressor and that seems to have fixed the unlocking issue for me. I've had no problems since, through about 200 rounds.

Below is a pic of the flash hider. There was no perceived damage to the MAAD mount

IMG_0548.jpg

I'll buy another suppressor from Silencer Co for sure. Their customer service is excellent and I love my Saker but the MAAD mount? Not so much.
    Last edited by rocketman; 12-06-15 at 16:24.
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Concrete.
    Oh, I see.

It looks like the the locking tabs may have been tightened down on the edge of the shoulder, instead of behind it. Eventually, the pressure overcomes that point of contact by completely rolling the edge, and launching it downrange. Or, it may be loosening while it is being used to where the locking tabs retract enough to be forced over the shoulder, and launched.

It could be a tolerance issue with the muzzle device which put the shoulder too far back, not giving the locking tabs room to get behind the shoulder. But, with almost 10k rounds, that is not likely in your case. In your case where 75-100 rounds were fired before failure, it is more likely that the mount loosened while you were shooting. In the other guy's case where it failed on the first round, it is more likely that it was attached incorrectly.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Oh, I see.

It looks like the the locking tabs may have been tightened down on the edge of the shoulder, instead of behind it. Eventually, the pressure overcomes that point of contact by completely rolling the edge, and launching it downrange. Or, it may be loosening while it is being used to where the locking tabs retract enough to be forced over the shoulder, and launched.

It could be a tolerance issue with the muzzle device which put the shoulder too far back, not giving the locking tabs room to get behind the shoulder. But, with almost 10k rounds, that is not likely in your case. In your case where 75-100 rounds were fired before failure, it is more likely that the mount loosened while you were shooting. In the other guy's case where it failed on the first round, it is more likely that it was attached incorrectly.
    Id say thats probable in todays instance. In regards to mine i would hope it hadnt loosened that soon, i was with another shooter when it happened. I had installed it prior to the demo and was confident in how tight it was. Ive ran 500 rounds through it in the past on multiple occasions through multiple classes without any issues loosening. It might be worth noting however that every instance this has happened has been with 5.56NATO (that weve directly dealt with). I normally shoot my 24.5 gr TAC with hornady bullets handloads complimented with PMC, but the RSO for the demo had pulled XM193BK for friday night. The Saker762 that wanted to be a bullet for halloween today was launched with Perfecta, and had a ridiculous muzzle blast to it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    more feedback about when it locks on and wont come off?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    So, for those who have done it, has SiCo swapped out your MAAD adapter and muzzle devices for free?
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    So, for those who have done it, has SiCo swapped out your MAAD adapter and muzzle devices for free?
    Yes, plus they replaced my Saker takedown tools for free as well. (misplaced in a move)
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    more feedback about when it locks on and wont come off?
    It doesn't seem to be an issue if you remove the suppressor when it's still fairly warm.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Damnit. I just purchased a saker with the maad mount and trifecta brake.

Wondering if i should take my chances, or see if i can swap the mount.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It doesn't seem to be an issue if you remove the suppressor when it's still fairly warm.
    Yep the carbon build up forward of the locking area causes them to seize... I apply a little Mil-Comm grease on the attachment area for this reason. Are you seeing any other areas of carbon or wear aside from the sheered area? I'm running an H&K MR556 with a 416 10.4" barrel, they come with plugged gas blocks and are notorious for their gassing and luckily I haven't had your problem just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    I had exactly the same thing happen with my Saker 556 with MAAD mount except that it launched itself into a brier patch. No baffle strike and no damage to the Saker from hitting the ground but my ass was all scratched up by the time I found it. It was a strange feeling watching that chunk of metal fly down range.

I had the same markings on the trifecta flash hider mount. It happened maybe 100 rounds into the first time I took it out. I can't be absolutely certain that I had it locked down properly but I'm pretty sure I did. Also my dealer used a crush washer in mounting the flash hider so that might have been an issue as well, although there was no baffle strike. I called Silencer Co and sent it along with the MAAD mount and flash hider back to them on their dime. They had the suppressor inspected and sent back to me along with a new Trifecta MAAD mount and new flash hider in about 3 days.

Once I got it back I had some trouble getting the new mount unlocked but a quick call to SC customer service had me further tighten the mount to the suppressor and that seems to have fixed the unlocking issue for me. I've had no problems since, through about 200 rounds.

Below is a pic of the flash hider. There was no perceived damage to the MAAD mount

IMG_0548.jpg

I'll buy another suppressor from Silencer Co for sure. Their customer service is excellent and I love my Saker but the MAAD mount? Not so much.
    I don't have a crush washer on mine because it doesn't need to be timed or indexed. Gem-Tech continually reminds people not to use them and use the shim kits that come with it and constantly remind people that the crush washer is the worst thing to ever happen to suppressors.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast