Thread: "Seasoned Citizen" Courses

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    27 (100%)

UPDATE 26Sep19 Post #12 - "Seasoned Citizen" Courses

There's a discussion on GD describing a well-known range testing the market to see if older folks want to get trained.

I think it's an untapped market. One thing you hear over and over is "get training". OK - who's going to provide that training - at least these folks are stepping up.

Baby Boomers have time and money - some of them even know a little about shooting wars - but they aren't all able to move as quickly as the younger crowd or use movement, cover (etc.) the same way they used to. They still want to survive and have a chance, so training to develop skills with the new generation of weapons and tactics is probably a good idea.

I only know of one trainer who specializes in this market, so I wonder if its truly an untapped market, or just a supposition on my part that classes would fill up if offered and taught by somebody with serious instructional skills and a positive mindset. Putting together the syllabus for a class full of older students might be full of big challenges - its hard to find folks who can get past snickering and truly work with the strengths and limitations of that community.

I'd love to be wrong about this and have a bunch of trainers chime in and describe the classes they offer right now that include this community. I know I'd sign up for one in the mid-Atlantic.
    Last edited by Bruce in WV; 09-26-19 at 06:52.