Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon Aacupower vs: Leupold VX R

Feedback Score

Trijicon Aacupower vs: Leupold VX R

I've just ordered a 14.5" DD carbine and have been looking at Trijicon Acupower 1x4 and the Leupold VX R 1x4 Patrol to top it out.
    I like the lighted segmented circle-dot of the Trijicon and it looks to be a fairly fast scope.
    The Leupold looks nearly as good for a few hundred $$ less, but it appears it only has a lighted dot instead of the circle. Can anyone confirm this for me? I like the looks of the Leui CMR 2 reticle but it appears to not be available on the patrol scope.
    Also any comments either way relative to these scopes would be most helpful.
    Thanks and best wishes for this Christ mas.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    I have had the VXR/ VXR patrol, only the dot illuminates. It's a very nice little , light weight scope that has some nice features like the auto shutoff, and good glass for the price .
    I currently have the Accupower cegmented circle in green. It's a little longer, still light weight. Has a better eyebox, and better glass, it's 1-4, where the VXR is 1.25-4, which didn't bother me in the least.
    The Accupower has a better reticle for distance in my opinion. Both are fast at shorter range. The VXR is better in the daytime illumination.

I'd say you can't go wrong with either, but the Accupower to me is better, by a small margin.
    I also have a Steiner 1-4, europtic has them on close out for $699, super nice scope and better then the ACCUPOINT and VXR.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cop1211 View Post
    I have had the VXR/ VXR patrol, only the dot illuminates. It's a very nice little , light weight scope that has some nice features like the auto shutoff, and good glass for the price .
    I currently have the Accupower cegmented circle in green. It's a little longer, still light weight. Has a better eyebox, and better glass, it's 1-4, where the VXR is 1.25-4, which didn't bother me in the least.
    The Accupower has a better reticle for distance in my opinion. Both are fast at shorter range. The VXR is better in the daytime illumination.

I'd say you can't go wrong with either, but the Accupower to me is better, by a small margin.
    I also have a Steiner 1-4, europtic has them on close out for $699, super nice scope and better then the ACCUPOINT and VXR.
    How's the Steiner reticle for use without illumination?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    http://www.vdmsr.com/2013/10/leupold...iredot-on.html

Thats the review for the vxr patrol, i currently own an accupower. Ill say that they are both good optics. If you want more of an rds then getting the firedot is good, the 1.25x is basically 1x with a very small standoff.

If you want true 1x and awesomely good glass the accupower is it. I have a grn milsquare accupower and the glass is really good, almost as good as my uso sr4c.

Feedback Score
    Thanks so much for your replies that is a big help.
    I'm really new to the AR type of rifles other than my military experience.
    I've since also run into the Vortex Razor which from what I can tell may be a great scope for me. It offers long eye relief, true 1 power and I like the moa reticle. I also like the 6 power vs the 4 for my older eyes.
    Any thoughts from you folks relative to the Vortex vs: the others listed.
    Apologies for running this on.
    Best wishes to all.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Vortex 1-6 if you can.

Feedback Score
    I have the vx-r (not patrol) version with the circle dot reticle. I compared it side by side with the Accupower red segmented circle. I prefer the Accupower reticle and true 1x, but the firedot on the vx-r is significantly brighter in my opinion. Based on the costs and my preference for an Aimpoint bright reticle, I didn't think the Accupower was $200+ better than the vx-r. I decided to hold off until I can get a 1-6. FWIW, the vx-r has done everything I need from 0-600+ yards on a 6920, so it's hard for me to criticize the results from that little $400 scope. Plus with a Aero Precision mount it's a nice small and light package.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Steiner is daytime bright.

Feedback Score
    The Trijicon Accupower 1-4 with the segmented reticle is excellent, I highly recommend it.

Feedback Score
    Finally decided on the Vortex Razor 1x6. Thanks to everyone for you help and advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast