Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NSW goes Glock

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    What is the replacement sight of choice? Is there only one that is used, or do you have somewhat of a choice between different sights?
    These have not been issued. Word was passed to turn our SIG Holsters in 1 for 1 for the G19 Rigs today. Though we'd been told that we were going to the G19 for months no one until today thought it would come to pass.

We have asked many questions but many in the ordnance chain aren't ones for much detail. Sights are easy to customize but I'm guessing that when issued these will be Glock NS's GEN 3 G19's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchTheWorldBern View Post
    Got it. Makes a ton of sense.

Really curious about this too, actually.

I wondered this too, but honestly, I doubt it says anything more than the simple fact that no one has beaten the Glock 19 for size efficiency, and it has a hell of a track record.

All pistols suck, so you might as well carry the smallest one that still does the job if you primarily work with other tools.

If there's any more concrete information on why the P320 was passed over, though, I'm definitely curious.
    I can't speak intelligently to the P320 but the G19 has had a relatively long "positive" track record with JSOC and as stated previously- no other pistol can match the G19 as far as size & efficiency is concerned, which is the biggest selling point of the G19.
    Last edited by Rana; 12-09-15 at 19:56. Reason: Grammar

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very interesting, indeed.
    G19 has been around 20+ years and does quite a bit.
    Blends in pretty much anywhere.

ETA may we ask what kind of holster? Just curious.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Nothing, it's just that the 19 has been in use for a long time already and is sort of vetted and guys are used to it.

Feedback Score
    I guess the value of my G19 just went up by a couple bucks at the next gun show.

Solid choice by NSW, the G19 is found world wide. It's kind of the AK of hand guns.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Very interesting, indeed.
    G19 has been around 20+ years and does quite a bit.
    Blends in pretty much anywhere.

ETA may we ask what kind of holster? Just curious.
    Safariland and Serpa Rigs are standard in the supply chain. I am not 100% on the nomenclature of the new G19 rigs I will examine them when I'm back at "the office."

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Sights are easy to customize but I'm guessing that when issued these will be Glock NS's GEN 3 G19's.
    Surely they will send you guys steel factory night sights, but that is what I am curious about.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Surely they will send you guys steel factory night sights, but that is what I am curious about.
    Again, we have not taken delivery of the G19's. The fact that other SOCOM Units have moved to this same pistol I would imagine it is the same variant G19 SOCOM wide...again Glock Night Sights, GEN 3, G19. These appear to be stock Glock$ SOCOM wide.

SOCOM pays the bills and the G19's have already been issued within the other SOCOM Units. If anything we are the last component to adopt it as SF, MARSOC, USAF SOCOM have already made the transition.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Again, we have not taken delivery of the G19's. The fact that other SOCOM Units have moved to this same pistol I would imagine it is the same variant G19 SOCOM wide...again Glock Night Sights, GEN 3, G19. These appear to be stock Glock$ SOCOM wide.

SOCOM pays the bills and the G19's have already been issued within the other SOCOM Units. If anything we are the last component to adopt it as SF, MARSOC, USAF SOCOM have already made the transition.
    Albeit, NSW had to wait out the contract with SIG Sauer. I'm sure the commonality of the Glock 19 USSOCOM wide will be logistically superior and the bean counters will save millions in the age of .mil cutbacks. WTBS, I believe that USSOCOM got it right with this choice. Logistically and Tactically the G19 makes sense and it has had a 10yr+ "shake out" with JSOC and is a known proven factor.

Feedback Score
    Good to hear. I wonder if the Glock 19s issued to you guys will have ejectors and extractors made out of tool steel and not MIM like some have said. Any ejection issues with the JSOC G19s? I love my G17 and G19, but I do occasionally get brass sent to my forehead with my G19. I have yet to find time to perform the fix by swapping ejectors.

Compared to the P226, the G19 makes sense for you guys for all the reasons listed. I hope they work great for you guys; you deserve the best.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast