Cool The new Sig SRD762-QD looks like a winner

image credit rockwellarms.com

image credit Osage County Guns

Quick facts:

Fully welded core
    Inconel baffle stack
    17oz
    Selling in the low $600s
    Leaves out an additional tube to save weight and increase internal volume.
    Serialized portion is the part right after the mount allowing repair to baffle strikes.
    Supresses both supersonic and subsonic well
    QD mounts are only $60
    QD mount has replaceable wear portions (flash hider, brake). Main part does not need to be timed. Replaceable front parts can be timed using a crush washer.

http://www.sigsilencers.com/products/rifles/srd762-qd/

These guys did some sound testing.

NSR 16" AR 5.56 supersonic = 28.1dB
    NSR 8.3" AR 300 blackout subsonic = 35.6dB

Last edited by Schulze; 12-11-15 at 18:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Until I see differently, I'm going to guess the exposed titanium walls will lead to sparking at night. I'd like to be wrong though.

Feedback Score
    The specs I posted are for the non titanium version. The one tested in the video is the ti version.

Feedback Score
    I wonder how a full TI can will hold up. It seems that must TI cans have inconel in the baffel stack.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That mounting system is pretty clever.
    The mount can be torqued down to spec without worrying about timing the brake, which is timed using a crush washer.

Feedback Score
    Before that can came out, one time I said something about "It would be neat if a manufacturer made a bast that's a mount, and the brake or flash hider just screwed into that" So far, the Sig mounts seem to do pretty well. The performance of that (well those) cans is also impressive.

Personally speaking, I'm not the biggest fan of how they look... but the important thing is that they sound good. I haven't seen any sparking from them, but if I shoot it at night I'll try to record in high speed and look out for it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I purchased the SRD762ti direct thread as my first can (and only for a while). Used on both my SBR's (300Blk and .223/556), along with a 300Blk AAC Handi Rifle and my Sig 556R 2nd gen. Seems to work as advertised, quiet on AR's & 556R can hear the action and rounds hit the backstop. On the HR (Subs) with no action noise it's almost silent with the thud of the round hitting the backstop.

For the price (~650) at the LGS it fits my needs and budget well and could use it at their range while I waited for my form 4 to come back.