Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New SBR candidate: CZ 805 Bren or Beretta ARX100?

Feedback Score

New SBR candidate: CZ 805 Bren or Beretta ARX100?

I'm kind of torn between the two. I read about accuracy problems with the Beretta, but then again I can't find any good info on the CZ. I'm looking for a non-AR with a folding buttstock. The Scar16 is a little out of my price range unfortunately, as well, and I already have a Krink.

I'll field any suggestions, the weirder the better.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Bren. Just because.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I'd just save my pennies a little while longer and get the SCAR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I vote ARX. With the 10.5'' barrel it really handles well.

Feedback Score
    I'd go with the Italian stallion. The only thing that keeps me from picking one up is that for some reason I always seem to have trouble locking the bolt open. Releasing it is easy but I just can't seem to get the bolt to lock back. I know a lot of people don't like the hand guard but I don't have a problem with its feel. The rifle also has a nice balance to it and feels lighter than my DDV5LW even though I believe the two are roughly equivalent in weight.
    Yes, I like pretty ponies.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwikek View Post
    I'd go with the Italian stallion. The only thing that keeps me from picking one up is that for some reason I always seem to have trouble locking the bolt open. Releasing it is easy but I just can't seem to get the bolt to lock back. I know a lot of people don't like the hand guard but I don't have a problem with its feel. The rifle also has a nice balance to it and feels lighter than my DDV5LW even though I believe the two are roughly equivalent in weight.
    Use the mag release/bolt stop button under the trigger guard, not the bolt release at the sides of the trigger guard.
    Last edited by BBossman; 12-14-15 at 04:57.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Bren... for as cool as the ARX is, it' not built anywhere near as well as the Bren.

Feedback Score
    I think there were some mags that didn't work with the ARX because of the depth of the magwell. Plus I think the Bren looks better.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigghoss View Post
    I think there were some mags that didn't work with the ARX because of the depth of the magwell. Plus I think the Bren looks better.
    The ARX works with any STANAG magazine, which pretty much leaves out all the drums and some of the "improved" aftermarket magazines. I have personally used Beretta, Colt, Brownells, Lancer AWM's and Magpul MOE's, all fit and function without issue. The appearance is off putting to some for sure, but it does function as designed.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by BBossman View Post
    Use the mag release/bolt stop button under the trigger guard, not the bolt release at the sides of the trigger guard.
    I will have to see if that doesn't fix my issue the next time I see one. The rifles are being sold at decent prices so I am pretty interested in picking one up as well as the Sig MCX.
    Yes, I like pretty ponies.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast