Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did I get a good deal on my Galil?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    I've always been fascinated with Galils and really want one but alas I've got my first kid due in January so my gun fund is on lock-down for now. I could easily afford one but you never know what might pop up. I don't want to be a degenerate irresponsible parent that I see so frequently nowadays.
    If it makes you feel any better, I think it is a cool gun, but it's heavy for its size. I think they would have been better with stamped receivers. Now the Micro Galil is another story. It's very well balanced and not too heavy. Congratulations on you first child.

Feedback Score
    Finally got a chance to shoot it today. The one thing I noticed is it crushes brass cases and throws them forward. I guess spent cases are hitting the dust cover. It shoots with no problems though

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3gunshooter7681 View Post
    I can easily fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by 3gunshooter7681 View Post
    Finally got a chance to shoot it today. The one thing I noticed is it crushes brass cases and throws them forward. I guess spent cases are hitting the dust cover. It shoots with no problems though

Function wise the sight being on backwards won't be a problem. As far as turning it around, I would get a gunsmith to do it. The sight fits in a dovetail with opposing screws (for windage) and a Z-spring.

The Galil will dent brass. It will run steel case just fine, as long as your range allows it. Some indoor places are funny and think steel case is the same as steel core, because a magnet attaches to it?!?
    "Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" - Patrick Henry

Feedback Score
    I have an original IMI Galil model AR, and it also chews brass pretty good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12