Thread: Increased Demand for Defensive Pistol

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Increased Demand for Defensive Pistol

Since the terrorist attack occurred in San Bernardino, California, a local firearm instructor has been swamped with telephone calls and e-mails inquiring about upcoming training. He limits classes to a maximum of 12 students and he told me he has enough interest to teach courses every week for the next 8 months.

Have any other instructors seen a substantial surge in interest in attending a defensive pistol course? At what level are you teaching and has your course curriculum changed in light of recent events?
    Last edited by T2C; 12-12-15 at 07:19.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I teach NRA First Steps Pistol in Florida. My calls have increased more lately due to increased calls for gun control by the Democrats. Always the way it is. Folks 99% of the time take my class as training requirement for a CCW permit. Not sure how gun control talks effect that, but a correlation in increased interest none the less. Training more folks in safety is always better!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Since the terrorist attack occurred in San Bernardino, California, a local firearm instructor has been swamped with telephone calls and e-mails inquiring about upcoming training. He limits classes to a maximum of 12 students and he told me he has enough interest to teach courses every week for the next 8 months.

Have any other instructors seen a substantial surge in interest in attending a defensive pistol course? At what level are you teaching and has your course curriculum changed in light of recent events?
    Increased demand for both class and private instruction, some with surprising audiences. Curriculum already considered recent trends and events.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Every public employee I know has been through an active shooter training in the past 2 weeks.
    Hopefully the awareness last longer than the headlines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk