Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $500 PSA Torture Test

Feedback Score
    Must be nice to have $500 to blow

Feedback Score
    I followed that one from early on, very entertaining. I know people keep saying it's
    been done over and over but I somehow missed em. While it's worthwhile to see, baring
    in mind i've never seen something so consistent and extensive before, it's obviously
    not very real world. But neither is how they test new cars, it's extreme to accelerate
    accumulated wear across the expected life of the machine. In theory. Little apples to oranges
    and all that but it is nice to see the relatively fragile appearing AR be beat around
    and live. Every single dude I ever met that went through basic training has a story
    about some big ape breaking an M16 in half or bending it or something along those
    lines. It was a fun read and I'd expect any decent AR to perform as well.
    Shooting, imo, is sort of a given unless something is specifically wrong with a given
    example. All AR's shoot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Remember that Larry Vickers did a "torture test" on a Double Star rifle and it worked fine...then he DID IT AGAIN on a Daniel Defense rifle...
    http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rermey Lee View Post
    Must be nice to have $500 to blow
    no different than shooting thousands of rounds of ammo like we all do.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Remember that Larry Vickers did a "torture test" on a Double Star rifle and it worked fine...then he DID IT AGAIN on a Daniel Defense rifle...
    Yes he did and he was one of if not the first person I saw do it. Great idea point made, the AR Style Rifle is amazingly resilient; Daniel Defense perhaps one of the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by GiddyHitch View Post
    The rifle still functions, even if it looks a little worse for the wear. I was advocating doing a decent clean and apocalypse lube job with dirty motor oil, and then a 200rd mag dump to assess worse case functionality, but haven't seen any plans for that yet.
    I've seen what generally wears out or damages an AR pattern Rifle and generally it isn't what you're doing.
    What I'm saying is the point of the "Torture Test" was made long ago, what we are seeing is a rehash of all of that and it's cool it's your gun and money. At some point the dynamics of what you are testing have to be changed. Watching someone again drag, throw or drop a gun is a moot point.
    Go visit a Marine Corps or Army Infantry basic or advanced training sight and take a look at their weapons and where the wear is showing up. That might be very instructive and informative.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Proves nothing everyone knows the AR is a toy and breaks if you look at it wrong

Feedback Score
    A better test would be to put 10k rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulze View Post
    A better test would be to put 10k rounds through it.
    A better test than that is 50k

Feedback Score
    For some strange reason there don't seem to be many folks plunking down $10-$15K for ammo to do such tests lol....
    Can't imagine why not.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_walker View Post
    Every single dude I ever met that went through basic training has a story
    about some big ape breaking an M16 in half or bending it or something along those
    lines.
    Such is the source of every misconception about the AR15.

POG's. BOB's. Whatever.

I think its pretty telling that we went from changing guns every war, to keeping and evolving the stoner platform for every shit hole the US has gotten involved in. What I saw in my time in service was everything CAN break (MRAP door vs. 249 comes to mind). As long as you give your stoner rifle SOME attention it will work.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast