Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Army" version of the Colt M45A1 Marine pistol........

Feedback Score

"Army" version of the Colt M45A1 Marine pistol........

All,
    I did a quick search on here to see if anyone had brought it up but nothing. I was perusing GunPoker the other day and happened upon an "Army" version of the Colt Marine CQB M45A1. At least that is what the ad says. It has a darker tan color than the Marine CQB but that seems to be the only difference.......

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=530382224

Anyone have any ideas on this version??? Sorry if my search Fu is weak and it has already been discussed.
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This would be the first I've heard of any such thing. It could be that the gunbroker seller is trying to swindle unknowing customers into thinking it's something it's not. Or I could be wrong.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-16-15 at 21:06.

Feedback Score
    I just found some info on another web forum (1911Forum.com). Apparently, the CQB is now being offered in an IonBond coating which has a slightly darker appearance. Not sure why GunPoker is calling it the "Army" version.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think that ad might not be 100% true. Someone should call Colt to check up on this.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I'm guessing they're being silly - whether that's intentional or not, I cannot say.

Still has an EGA serial number. It just doesn't say, "USMC," on the slide. Other than that... looks exactly like any other M45A1.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Could the AMU have ordered them for matches and now they can claim them to be "Army issued" weapons?
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    The seller from the gunbroker ad is a reputable seller, and they list the same pistol on their website. The Army connection may be hard to verify, but it's interesting to see a M45A1 that's been ion bonded for sale. TOS topic in this pistol shows some that were ion bonded for testing.
    Al
    Last edited by chococat; 12-16-15 at 22:29.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Army gun with the EGA in the serial number, I don't think so.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." President Ronald Regan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I can't imagine any Army usage of 1911's, I remember a discussion I had in North Carolina around 2006 about how the new breed of Army SF troops were not very into handguns.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 12-17-15 at 08:31.

Feedback Score
    I would be REALLY surprised if this has anything to do with an Army contract. It's a Colt M45 in Ionbond, which is likely going to be the finish for these guns long term for both the MC and civilians. Colt Custom shop offers the Ionbond for existing owners of the M45 if someone wanted to get rid of the Cerakote.

Sure, it may be possible that some select group like AMU may or might order a few of these for something or other, I don't discount that. But since it would be next to impossible for the average buyer to verify that, it would seemed to be (at least to me) some sort of hype/marketing ploy to add some special allure to something that in reality, is not that special.

But what do I know, stranger things have happened.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast