Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Army" version of the Colt M45A1 Marine pistol........

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not even close to true. AMU has not ordered any M45's
    SF

Feedback Score
    My understanding is that they are phasing out the cerakote on the M45 and all of them going forward will be the darker tan ion bond

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I can't imagine any Army usage of 1911's, I remember a discussion I had in North Carolina around 2006 about how the new breed of Army SF troops were not very into handguns.
    Please don't speak to things you do not have actual knowledge about.

We have numerous 1911s. From 1941 Colt GI models to modern Springfields and other brands. I don't have any on my team but I have heard that some of the teams have MEUSOC 1911s. Ill ask around.

Rick

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They're not MEUSOC 1911s, they're old war stock rebuilt at Bluegrass with modern components. I was there when they got built.

Mine was a US&S...it wasn't great but I would kill to have it back.
    IAW site rules, I work for Magpul Industries

This is a personal account and the opinions expressed may not reflect those of Magpul Industries

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    They're not MEUSOC 1911s, they're old war stock rebuilt at Bluegrass with modern components. I was there when they got built.

Yeah - I had figured they weren't actual MEUSOCs, just the guys referred to them as that because they may have looked similar. If 45 ammo was easier to come by we would get them out more.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BooneGA View Post
    Yeah - I had figured they weren't actual MEUSOCs, just the guys referred to them as that because they may have looked similar. If 45 ammo was easier to come by we would get them out more.
    If the UMPs are around, grab up all you can. The UMP was the scam we used to keep .45 ACP in the system after USASOC said they wouldn't buy ammo to support the 1911 anymore.
    IAW site rules, I work for Magpul Industries

This is a personal account and the opinions expressed may not reflect those of Magpul Industries

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If the UMPs are around, grab up all you can. The UMP was the scam we used to keep .45 ACP in the system after USASOC said they wouldn't buy ammo to support the 1911 anymore.
    We still have UMPs. More suppressors for them than guns for some reason, but they are still out there.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I would be REALLY surprised if this has anything to do with an Army contract. It's a Colt M45 in Ionbond, which is likely going to be the finish for these guns long term for both the MC and civilians. Colt Custom shop offers the Ionbond for existing owners of the M45 if someone wanted to get rid of the Cerakote.

Sure, it may be possible that some select group like AMU may or might order a few of these for something or other, I don't discount that. But since it would be next to impossible for the average buyer to verify that, it would seemed to be (at least to me) some sort of hype/marketing ploy to add some special allure to something that in reality, is not that special.

But what do I know, stranger things have happened.
    From my limited knowledge on the subject, Colt is moving to the Ionbond finish as stated...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I'd be curious to hear more about these last Army 1911s. Did Bluegrass Army Depot rebuild them according to the MEUSOC/PWS recipe or did the Army pistols differ from that formula?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Shooting a gun projects your personal will across time and space in a flash. I want to hit that and that is hit. Straight from your mind to the physical world. Talk about your PowerPoint presentations.” --Don Winslow, Savages

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'd be curious to hear more about these last Army 1911s. Did Bluegrass Army Depot rebuild them according to the MEUSOC/PWS recipe or did the Army pistols differ from that formula?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ill try and pull some from the arms room in a few weeks after leave and get some pictures. M4Guru will probably have more details on the build but I will see what I can find.

Rick

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast