Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Army" version of the Colt M45A1 Marine pistol........

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BooneGA View Post
    Ill try and pull some from the arms room in a few weeks after leave and get some pictures. M4Guru will probably have more details on the build but I will see what I can find.

Rick
    I'd really appreciate that. I do love the old MEUSOC pistols, I shot one many years ago.

Thanks, and stay safe.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Colt has changed to Ion Bond for the Marine guns. There's a whole thread on this over at 1911forum.com and the guy in charge of the custom shop has verified the info in the thread.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by peruna View Post
    Colt has changed to Ion Bond for the Marine guns. There's a whole thread on this over at 1911forum.com and the guy in charge of the custom shop has verified the info in the thread.
    So the Gunbroker seller is FOS then.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BooneGA View Post
    Ill try and pull some from the arms room in a few weeks after leave and get some pictures. M4Guru will probably have more details on the build but I will see what I can find.

Rick
    Thanks Rick - that's very nice of you. I look forward to your pictures. Hope you enjoy your leave.
    “Shooting a gun projects your personal will across time and space in a flash. I want to hit that and that is hit. Straight from your mind to the physical world. Talk about your PowerPoint presentations.” --Don Winslow, Savages

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    So the Gunbroker seller is FOS then.

Yes, he is FOS, the little bar code sticker he printed up notwithstanding.
    Last edited by peruna; 12-19-15 at 16:45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    None of the later production versions have USMC on the slide. The Marine Corps told Colt to stop, which is why the USMC marked slides command a substantial premium.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll just post the link to the 1911forum.com thread. If a mod wants to delete it, so be it but I hate to see people get taken by an unscrupulous seller.

BTW, BJT72 is Brent Turchi, the Director of Custom Shop & Consumer Services at Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC.

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=502164

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by peruna View Post
    None of the later production versions have USMC on the slide. The Marine Corps told Colt to stop, which is why the USMC marked slides command a substantial premium.
    No, we didn't. I don't know why people keep thinking that the Project Management Team (PMT) told them to stop. They asked the PMT prior to putting it on there and there were no issues.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue7a View Post
    No, we didn't. I don't know why people keep thinking that the Project Management Team (PMT) told them to stop. They asked the PMT prior to putting it on there and there were no issues.

According to Brent Turchi at Colt, they were told to stop putting the USMC roll mark on the CQBP starting May 1, 2014. That's why people keep thinking it.
    Last edited by peruna; 02-06-16 at 22:24.

Feedback Score
    Here's my set of the M45.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast