Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uh-Oh!

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I hope I didn't make you edit your post, that was never my intention.

On the CLEO thing. I'd be simply straight up with him and say exactly what happened. You made a simple error on how the form should be submitted. Explain that this is the exact same item that he signed for before and nothing has been altered or changed regarding it.

I think you'll do fine with it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hey there One,
    Nah, your post didn't make me delete or change my OP. Nothin' wrong with your post. I just got to thinkin', after I simmered down, and I figured that pissin', moanin' and bitching in a post is well, un-m4carbine.net-ly. This isn't a forum for venting. If I had questions then I should post em, and without the whining. Doesn't do anybody any good, least of all me.

Good advice on the CLEO. Always be upfront and honest. I'm not sure what their rules and regs will be, but whatever they are I'll follow em.

In the mean time, I just ordered a Sig 556 Pistol from a local dealer. I'm not sure yet if it can be easily SBR'd. If so, I might just Form 1 it. Only this time, I'll be sure to it's all one page.
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I did the same thing - it's not as big a deal as it seems. The NFA folks will send you the correct forms and are usually very good at addressing the resubmission once it comes in.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hey guys,
    I'll be interested in your opinion on this. I called the NFA branch this morning, and explained the situtation to the guy that answered. He got my last name and told me which examiner would be getting my Form 1s. He said that the easiest and fastest way to solve this issue would be to corretly fill out new Form 1s, have the CLEO sign it, and then send em in with a note to the examiner.

It strikes me that it may be the best idea to just wait and have it returned. What if I send in the new ones and they are lost, or the wrong examiner gets them, or the cover page explaining the situation is ignored, lost or misplaced. Well, what do you think?
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I think that if you are really concerned about this I would take the advice from the person at NFA at do what was suggested. Send everything delivery confirmation w/ signature requested (if possible) and you should be good.

In the future consider getting schooled on doing a Trust and you can avoid Mr. CLEO and some of the BS time.

Just my 700 Fils.

Quote Originally Posted by No Bananas View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'll be interested in your opinion on this. I called the NFA branch this morning, and explained the situtation to the guy that answered. He got my last name and told me which examiner would be getting my Form 1s. He said that the easiest and fastest way to solve this issue would be to corretly fill out new Form 1s, have the CLEO sign it, and then send em in with a note to the examiner.

It strikes me that it may be the best idea to just wait and have it returned. What if I send in the new ones and they are lost, or the wrong examiner gets them, or the cover page explaining the situation is ignored, lost or misplaced. Well, what do you think?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by No Bananas View Post
    Hey guys,

My advice would be that when you send in something like this you just forget about it completely once it's in the mail. If there is a problem with the paperwork (like there is with yours) then you will get it back when you get it back and you can then correct the problem and resend it and it will be completed within a very short turnaround according to everyone I've talked to that has ever had a paperwork issue. But don't obsess about it and get all ADD trying to figure out how to fix it now, just let it go man, it will all eventually work out for you.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by b_saan View Post
    My advice would be that when you send in something like this you just forget about it completely once it's in the mail. If there is a problem with the paperwork (like there is with yours) then you will get it back when you get it back and you can then correct the problem and resend it and it will be completed within a very short turnaround according to everyone I've talked to that has ever had a paperwork issue. But don't obsess about it and get all ADD trying to figure out how to fix it now, just let it go man, it will all eventually work out for you.
    That's some good advice.
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, they cashed my check yesterday. So, hopefully, that means it will be returned to be in say, 4 weeks or so.
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12