Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Streamlight TLR 1-experience?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Streamlight TLR 1-experience?

Ha sanyone used this yet? I was looking over one at The Armory today and had some doubts on the latching system.

Does the "screw" stay tight during use? If not, does the spring tension on it keep the light on the weapon?

I wonder why they didn't go with the spring loaded locking bar?

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    I dont think there is anything better for a pistol mounted weapon light available right now. It seems every bit as rugged as the competition, is definitely brighter, and throws the light much further.

I kept mine attached throughout a Hackathorn class w/night shoot and it worked great.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    BB, Did you finger tighten the screw or use a driver or coin?

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    I use a coin to tighten mine and it stays on perfect. I have done hundreds of draws and and about 500 rounds and it hasnt moved a bit, very good light for the money
    "Respect all, fear none"

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have the TLR-1 and TL-2 in stock and have used both of them. The light is excellent for sure and the mounting system seems to be pretty good (with just hand tight).

The laser on the TL-2 is poor IMHO, but SL has never produced a quality visible laser to date IMHO.

C4

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Grant, When attached to the G17, will a Safariland 6004 made for an M3 work?--I want to use it in a 6004 model that if the light is off, the weapon will still be secure in it.

I don't know if they make two versions, but the one I just sold would only work when the light is attached--X200 model.

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56
    Grant, When attached to the G17, will a Safariland 6004 made for an M3 work?--I want to use it in a 6004 model that if the light is off, the weapon will still be secure in it.

I don't know if they make two versions, but the one I just sold would only work when the light is attached--X200 model.

Mark
    I cannot answer that as I don't have a 6004 (sorry).

C4

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    RE: holsters

I've been trying to figure the same thing out, but Steamlight/Safariland are kind of vague. Streamlight says it will fit "most existing light-bearing holsters" (thanks, that narrows it down a lot guys).

The .pdf says that
    "17, 22, 31 w/ITI Streamligh M3 with or w/out light" is a -832 subcode
    but that
    "17, 22, 31,23 M3, M6 or M3 LED IT Tactical Light and Streamlight TLR-1
    and TLR-2" subcode -8321, won't fit without the light.
    It does say that the X200 holster (-836) needs the light attached, as you experienced.

I'm not sure what is different between the two holsters though?

I would like to get one of these lights but I don't want to have multiple holster setups depending on light/no light. That's like having slings that won't hold your carbine unless it has the light attached? Heaven forbid your light get damaged (mount break or something) and need/have to be left off.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    A co worker has the 6004 for the M3, it can be used w/o the light. The X200 is smaller than the M3, so I figure the X200/TLR1 should work in the 6004 for the M3.

I doubt they would make two different kinds-or maybe they do so you buy both instead of one-

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    I cannot answer that as I don't have a 6004 (sorry).

C4

Well, get one.. And Ill try it out for ya
    Brett W

Elite Defense
    Vice President of Domestic Sales and Marketing

FN Senior Manager of Assault Weapons - SCAR Program 2006-2010
    Former Troy Industries Inc Director of Operations 2003-2006

Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!
    -Pat Riley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast