Thread: Visible flash from socom 556 mini on 14.5

Feedback Score

Visible flash from socom 556 mini on 14.5

I'm buying a surefire suppressor for a 14.5 & 16 uppers. My concern is will the mini give any apparent flash on either of those? Trying to keep them as short and maneuverable as possible but would consider the longer RC if there was noticeable improvement in reducing or eliminating flash.

Also does anyone know the life expectancy in round count? Thank you

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I went mini for my 14.5 and 16 ar

Landos is $699 ordered mine last week.

I prefer handy n short esp on 14.5 and longer guns

Feedback Score
    To be fair it would only need to work with ammo using low flash propellant such as the CBC stuff and the like.

Anybody with a mini have any first hand reports?

Feedback Score
    now i dont own a mini, and i never will. just consider an RC on a 16" using 5.56 pressure is almost hearing safe, very very slight ringing. steel case out of an 11.5, same deal. i dont understand how the mini could have any suppression. if this is your first go around, do yourself a favor and go RC first in my opinion. whats the mini got, 1 baffle? lol

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have the AAC Mini4.
    I was using the Breakout attachment for quite a while and then I switched to the Blackout flash hider. I was getting a lot of flash out of my can even with really good ammo. I went back to the break and the flash is gone.
    Moral to the story is that the breaks are loud and obnoxious without the can attached but they reduce flash WITH the can attached. The flash hider mounts work opposite.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    While the RC does out perform the mini, I do not feel that it warrants any strong opposition for any host 12.5" and longer. While in the post above, the key words are "almost hearing safe". And that is from an RC. Doesn't change the fact that supersonic rounds without ear pro are not hearing safe no matter what. Both with a mini, RC, or whatever suppressor you add to the list. You would be crazy not to buy a mini for a 14.5 or 16" in my opinion. I use NVGs and have run minis on 11.5s with no to little ill effects. Running Mk262's. While I do agree that if you were to only be able to have one suppressor, and have SBRs, I would go with a RC. Ultimately you will set yourself up for disappointment with any suppressor and the 5.56 round if you have any hopes of being quiet. However, the RC does a better job in flash suppression, I have had excellent results with the mini and lack of flash in complete darkness on shorter barrels in question. To me, its a no brainer. Owning multiple of both, I continue to only run mini 5.56 rifle cans on all of longer barrel rifles I own. There is such a small and almost unnoticeable difference to me on the longer barrels. Round count for most people never would come into play as you would need to buy 10's of thousands of dollars in ammo and barrels before shooting out a SF SOCOM suppressor.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 12-29-15 at 22:19.