Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Belts, padding, and MOLLE...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Belts, padding, and MOLLE...

I know we've had "battle belt" threads before but let's get specific on the key component -- the belt itself. What are you using for the belt? What do you like and dislike about your choice?

I have been very slowly but surely piecing together a first line "battle belt" type setup. I've got a holster set up, know what pouches I want to use, etc., but the last thing I am unsure about is the belt. I was pretty set on the ICE belt (mostly because of the subload compatibility) but it seems like getting my hands on one could be a big hassle (little guy with big orders syndrome). It's hard enough to justify cost of gear right now without tying up funds indefinitely.

So help me out here - what do you run, and what do you think of it?
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    I'm interested as well

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have been using the Eagle duty belt & belt pad and could not be more pleased. I honestly could not bitch if I wanted to.

Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    I run a spec ops countured MOLLE belt, it has loops as well on the inside of the belt for attachments of holsters and the like
    i have been very happy with it

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you are looking for inexpensive, I've got the answer for you! But, alas, it's not padded. I've found it to be comfortable enough though.

Here's the main setup:

Better shot of some of the gear on it. A double M16 mag pouch from Marsgear.com and on the outside of it is a small zippered pouch that holds pencils and for some goofy reason, an iPod video. The other tubular pouch is the battlecloth pouch that Doug included with my SRT Matrix:

This is just the little "admin" pouch attached to the M16 pouch:

Here is the admin pouch opened up to show where I keep my Form4:

Here's the multicam pouch next to the main "gob" of pouches. It's an Emdom USA 6o4 holding 4 M9 mags full of Black Hills 147gr. subsonics. In this picture I'm recreating militarymoron's photo of it holding two mags tightly while upside down:

Here is a picture of the pistol for this setup:

In case you didn't notice, the belt is the Sears Craftsman Tactical in Coyote Brown and it retails for $6.99.

The Marsgear dual M16 was IIRC $10 or $11 and the admin was $9 or $10.

The EmdomUSA 6o4 was the big splurge at $29.xx.

The Battlecloth suppressor pouch was $445 but came with a free suppressor

I need a knife and sheath and a better holster and maybe a grenade pouch for one of Grant's ALS (?) CS grenades!

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here's my latest..Simple and what I use for range practice for both Carbine and Pistol.
    ICE Tactical belt pad
    2X Eagle FB pouches with Kydex Insert
    1 Tactical Tailor 2 mag pistol pouch with Kydex insert.
    1custom Eggroll single pistol pouch I use for either a Cool guy tool or a G2 surefire
    1 Maxpedition Rolly Polly dump pouch
    Modified 6004 high ride for my G-17

and that's it...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Suicide -- Interesting setup, thanks for the pics. I never would have guessed that was a $7 craftsman belt. Definitely the winner in the budget category.

Harv -- seen your setup before...nice and simple. How hard was it to get your hands on the ICE belt?
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was one of the Lucky ones. Mine only took a little over 2 months from order to delivery. I think I got in before he got swamped with orders. The one thing I have learned about the custom stuff is order it with no intent on when your going to get it. Just order and forget it, eventually you get it. The Pad was worth the wait for me.

Feedback Score
    This is the only belt I've ever used so I don't know how it compares but it works for me. All Tactical Tailor except for the pistol mag pouch. Came 3 or 4 days after I ordered it.

Feedback Score
    I've used, and still have in some form or another, the Specter gear duty belts. My old one had a pad attached and it was pretty nice. I wanted to go the modular route though and picked up a DBT padded molle belt. It has worked for me so far.

Here's a couple pics of the DBT in an older configuration I used:

back shot...

top shot...

Here is an old pic of the Specter belt:

For a budget molle belt, and since I wasn't 100% I wanted to go with molle, I used the belt portion off an used USGI FLC. Worked just fine for testing.
    Stephen
    Molon Labe

"The Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing." Herger the Joyous

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast