Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DPMS

Feedback Score
    I buy nothing but DPMS ar15's since everyone I have seen are reliable and very accurate. Police departments are now buying the DPMS 308 rifles and sending very good reports on them.
    It is my next rifle buy as soon as I scrape the money together...

Feedback Score

I love my LR-308

I got a 24" stainless fluted LR-308 with the A-3 upper (add dustcover and forward assist) last month. I have been religious with my break in, I am up to about 150 rounds now. I love it. No failures. Period. I managed to jam the magazine with 20 rounds. 19 rounds is the limit. I have shot Aussie surplus, and the Paki surplus both run great. I get 2" groups with the Paki at 100yd. I just ordered another K. I got 1" in groups with my break-in 147fmj reloads (use up that old powder and bullets.) I have Black Hills 168 match I'll shoot for groups next time I am out. It cleans up very easy. The chromed bolt and carrier are sweet, clean up great.

I need to take some good pics, none yet. I have a 16" bushy 5.56 CAR and sure the 308 is heavier. I was expecting the 24" barrel to be longer than it seems. Shooting the 5.56 is like a 22lr after that big .308. Its like Hemi muscle car vs. nissan sentra. I understand why all those M-14 guys make fun of the mouse guns.

Feedback Score

Smile Dpms Lrt-sass

Hey Voodoochild,
    Just Picked Up My Dpms Lrt-sass 308 And It's One Well Built Gun. Here Is A Picture Of The Beast And I'm Looking For The Right Scope Now To Finish Off The Top. My Buddy Bought One Awhile Back And He Has Put 660 Rds Of Black Hills 168gr Threw Her With Out A Problem. No Ftf Or Fte And We Have Been Getting 1/2 Moa Groups At 100 Yards. Let Me Know What You Think.
    Mr223

Will Get Some Pictures Up Of The Lrt-sass And The Rest Of My Family

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr223
    HEY VOODOOCHILD,
    JUST PICKED UP MY DPMS LRT-SASS 308 AND IT'S ONE WELL BUILT GUN. HERE IS A PICTURE OF THE BEAST AND I'M LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT SCOPE NOW TO FINISH OFF THE TOP. MY BUDDY BOUGHT ONE AWHILE BACK AND HE HAS PUT 660 RDS OF BLACK HILLS 168GR THREW HER WITH OUT A PROBLEM. NO FTF OR FTE AND WE HAVE BEEN GETTING 1/2 MOA GROUPS AT 100 YARDS. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.
    MR223

ALSO A PICTURE OF THE REST OF MY FAMILY

Feedback Score
    Get a nightforce or US optics!!! How doe the rifle shoot and were did you get it?
    thanks
    chris

Feedback Score
    I bought a 24"ss LR-308 and have NO complaints. Accuracy at 200 yds is about 1" or less with multiple groups on top of each other..I will post a target when I get around to it....But DPMS makes a sweet rifle and the accuracy and operation are a pleasure.

I am going to buy a second one without any hesitation!

Feedback Score
    I've run about 450 rds through my DPMS SASS so far without a single problem.Fit and finish are very good and it will shoot 1/2 MOA all day long with Federal 168 BTHP match ammo.

Feedback Score

My DPMS rocks

It really rocks. From the factory, it was a beast with that 24" heavy barrel. I just installed an 18" Noveske and it just plain rocks. Easy half MOA with match ammo. Still eats surplus when I want it to. Gonna dominate the battle rifle class at the next carbine match.

Video

TJ
    Last edited by cav_scout_tj; 07-23-07 at 21:46. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12