Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vickers Duty 1911 Mag

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I have one I am rotating through my wilson....

1. It is very difficult to fully load. This is after nearly two months of weekly drills.
    2. When it gets dirty, the mag follower gets grabby.

Zero malfunctions. Obviously, this an example of one. But so far, I will be sticking to the standard Wilson mags for future purchases.
    I noticed the same thing with Wilson followers and sand. The follower is soft and has a large surface area that makes a for a lot friction when things get dusty.

The g.i. follower does a lot better.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Whats the cost of these compared to the Wilson's?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THEOZZ View Post
    Whats the cost of these compared to the Wilson's?
    http://shopwilsoncombat.com/1911-ETM...oductinfo/800/
    The Vickers Duty Magazine is a Wilson mag priced at $54.95.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Taking mine to a Hackathorn class this weekend. I have left it loaded this week trying to break it in.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    http://shopwilsoncombat.com/1911-ETM...oductinfo/800/
    The Vickers Duty Magazine is a Wilson mag priced at $54.95.
    Thanks I think I'll just stick with the ETM mags.

Feedback Score
    Taking mine to a Hackathorn class this weekend. I have left it loaded this week trying to break it in.
    Hi Greg

When you get a chance, please give us an AAR. I look forward to it.

Thanks
    Mike

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Will do
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Just got home. Vickers mag worked fine but it is still very tough to load and is VERY difficult to seat fully loaded. Usually I don't "top-off" my guns I just stick a loaded mag in and strip off the top round. But during these classes you often need to swap out a mag with one in the pipe and the Vickers mag (or my example at least) is super hard to seat. Way worse than even trying to seat a G19/19 mag on closed slide.

Maybe it is just my particular example, but I feel like this mag needs to go back to the drawing board. It needs to 1. Come with lower profile baseplate options and 2. It should seat like a normal Wilson (my Wilson ETMs will easily seat on a closed slide) and 3. it should be as easily loaded as a normal Wilson mag.

Just to be clear though, function has been flawless and the construction is obviously very sturdy.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Just got home. Vickers mag worked fine but it is still very tough to load and is VERY difficult to seat fully loaded. Usually I don't "top-off" my guns I just stick a loaded mag in and strip off the top round. But during these classes you often need to swap out a mag with one in the pipe and the Vickers mag (or my example at least) is super hard to seat. Way worse than even trying to seat a G19/19 mag on closed slide.

Maybe it is just my particular example, but I feel like this mag needs to go back to the drawing board. It needs to 1. Come with lower profile baseplate options and 2. It should seat like a normal Wilson (my Wilson ETMs will easily seat on a closed slide) and 3. it should be as easily loaded as a normal Wilson mag.

Just to be clear though, function has been flawless and the construction is obviously very sturdy.
    Greg I disagree, the base pad can obviously serve as a breacher tool they're nice pads, but heavy

Isn't it the same tube as the HD mags?
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    Had good luck with the 1911 Elite Tactical Magazine, .45 ACP HD/+P, Full-Size, 8 Round flatwire units. Worth the money. Never had problem seating. You may have a funky unit.

All my ETMS seat and run fine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast