Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Mexican match" 5.56

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I was trying to do this last weekend and forgot how much neck tension the steel case ammo can sometimes have. I only pulled 4 rounds of Hornady 55 gr fmj before I said screw it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I was trying to do this last weekend and forgot how much neck tension the steel case ammo can sometimes have. I only pulled 4 rounds of Hornady 55 gr fmj before I said screw it.
    Which bullet puller were you using?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Damn.. I can't remember which die it is. Not the hornady... but one of the other collet pullers. I pull a lot of ammo down. I don't remember Herterz being that difficult...
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Damn.. I can't remember which die it is. Not the hornady... but one of the other collet pullers. I pull a lot of ammo down. I don't remember Herterz being that difficult...
    I hacked your iPhone & was able to see that you use the Forster Collet bullet puller.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    I hacked your iPhone & was able to see that you use the Forster Collet bullet puller.
    That sounds correct. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Try pulling the bullet. Run the case into a Redding "S" die with a .235" bushing to true the neck and provide for consistent neck tension. Don't mess with the neck sealant.

Seat a 69-grain Sierra Match King, a Hornady 68, or a Berger 73. You'll have fair-to-better than fair at 300 yards but no barn-burner.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well I built a whole article and custom rifle (sorta) around the excellent Swiss GP11 ammo (7.5X55 / aka 7.5 Swiss). All reports were that this stuff was very accurate and it was but with some unexplained flyers. The editor let me do a sidebar on Mexican Match. It worked very well!

This is the February issue, might still be some on the stands but if not it will be available as a PDF shortly at https://www.swatmag.com/issues/category/y_2016

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123