Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Sionics 11.5 barrel w/ reduced gas port function report.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah. There'd be an unsightly gap without the handguard. I wish Geissele had made the rail longer so the cap could be removed. Makes no sense since you have to pull the FSB anyway. But I still like the rail.
    If they would make a 10 or 10.5 rail again, I'd never use anything else.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Sionics 11.5 barrel w/ reduced gas port function report.

The standard port 11.5 barrel shoots good as well. I was able to get my KAC RAS to fit mine, just took a rotary tool to the front clamp to make it match the profile underneath the front cap. You don't need to take a lot off, just need some patience.
    Last edited by Alpine2k3; 12-14-16 at 05:32.
    Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine2k3 View Post
    The standard port 11.5 barrel shoots good as well. I was able to get my KAC RAS to fit mine, just took a rotary tool to the front clamp to make it match the profile underneath the front clamp. You don't need to take a lot off, just need some patience.
    I was thinking of doing that, but worried I'd mess it up. I couldn't decide on the risks of lathing the barrel (which I can't do myself) or permanently modding a RAS.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I have two of these barrels and I’m trying to figure out my bolt carrier/buffer combo. I plan on running VLTOR A5 buffers, Sprinco green springs, and A5H2/A5H3 weights.

These rifles will be ran both suppressed and unsurpassed. I’ve read about all the LMT Enhanced carrier hype, but I tend to stick with either KAC sand cutters or the JP full mass carriers. Anyone running any other carriers aside from the LMT with similar setups? Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    At danger of angering the necropost spirit...
    I’ve run this setup with a BCM phosphate carrier and a Sionics NP3 carrier. Functioned fine, though a little gassy in the face when suppressed. I think I was running an A5H3 buffer with green spring...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sveesix View Post
    I have two of these barrels and I’m trying to figure out my bolt carrier/buffer combo. I plan on running VLTOR A5 buffers, Sprinco green springs, and A5H2/A5H3 weights.

These rifles will be ran both suppressed and unsurpassed. I’ve read about all the LMT Enhanced carrier hype, but I tend to stick with either KAC sand cutters or the JP full mass carriers. Anyone running any other carriers aside from the LMT with similar setups? Thoughts?
    I dont even know the heavier A5 buffers, I played with them but feel the standard are the best. I tend to feel the buffer slamming back on the heavies. The A5 is more important than the Enhanced BCG, but both dont suck. KAC stuff is always good.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I am running the RGP with an LMT E-Carrier, Sprinco spring and A5H4 buffer. Which means a standard carrier group will be just fine with your H2/H3.

Quote Originally Posted by sveesix View Post

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Because these barrels are gassed correctly, its no magic equation to make them run. A lot of different combos will work, hence the beauty of the Sionics RGP barrel.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Because these barrels are gassed correctly, its no magic equation to make them run. A lot of different combos will work, hence the beauty of the Sionics RGP barrel.

PB
    In that case, ordering some of the Sionics BCGs to go with them

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    Agreed.

Being the OP, I suppose I should note that mine is STILL running with such boring reliability, that I forgot to post about it. Too busy actually shooting it, I guess.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast