Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
Not sure how I should interpret your two posts. It seems as if there is some agenda on your part. Maybe I am wrong.
My agenda is to acquire an 11.5" barrel for a Geissele 10" Mk4 'Federal' SMR. I don't want an overgassed barrel.

It seems to me that, given that Colt uses a ~0.070" gas port on their 11.5" barrels; and,
Given that there are multiple reports of the RGP barrels with their ~0.070" gas ports running just fine with PMC Bronze and Wolf Gold (the least expensive ammo I'm likely to run out of the gun) - and no reports contrariwise;
MarkM is correct that RGP should stand for, "Right Gas Port."

...And after I wrote all that, then I re-read my first post in this thread, and my sleepless mind last night typed, "isn't," where I meant to type, "is." Oops!

I meant they must be great barrels because they must be great. No sarcasm. I wrote, "fair enough," because it seems fair enough to me that y'all make barrels that sell (the standard, larger gas port barrels), while the barrels that the cognoscenti prefer, which are the barrels that not everybody understands or wants, are therefore a limited production barrel.

My apologies for the misunderstanding.