Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Sionics 11.5 barrel w/ reduced gas port function report.

Feedback Score
    KAC does a good job on this. They run without a can very well, with a can they can run great with commercial buffer mass additions.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Any accuracy report? I would assume with some of your guys hand loads it should be a really good shooter.
    No lie, i was hitting 70% on IPSC steel swingers at a verified 500 with federal brown box xm193 using the Sionics 11.5" and my Saker 762 with a primary arms 2moa micro dot using sand bags.

I was stacking rounds into one hole at 50 with the can.

Just can't ask for more than that.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The barrels are so nice theses days. Its pretty impressive.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    The barrels are so nice theses days. Its pretty impressive.

PB
    Truly, these are the good ole days. Also, POI/POA shift at 50 is less than an inch in the vertical plane only between can-on and can-off.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Just for reference, I recently had the opportunity to measure a Noveske 12.5 N4 barrel and a BCM 11.5.

The Noveske measured 0.071. Smaller than I expected.

The BCM 11.5 was 0.073.

Feedback Score
    Finally picked up one of them, can't wait for the build!

Feedback Score
    I did a rough sight in at the local indoor range with mine. Definitely is a quality barrel. Need to get some quality ammo and head to the outdoor range. I have a Larue MBT trigger on this SBR so it should also be capable of some tight groups.

Ejection pattern and extraction was great. Was using weaker range ammo and had a couple rounds fail to pickup as its a new build and likely didn't cycle the bolt far enough (A5 tube and A5H3 buffer, BootlegInc adjustable carrier). Will get some M855 for my outdoor trip. This will have my Sandman-S on it 99.9% of the time when it gets approved.
    Last edited by NWS; 11-07-16 at 10:12.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Mine just shipped. I should have it by Friday and I plan to run it hard immediately this weekend.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Just for reference, I recently had the opportunity to measure a Noveske 12.5 N4 barrel and a BCM 11.5.

The Noveske measured 0.071. Smaller than I expected.

The BCM 11.5 was 0.073.
    I have an 11.5 OLD Noveske barrel that is silky smooth. It was the softest shooting SBR gun I owned prior to my Sionics. I always wondered what the specs were on that barrel because, oh man ....it's nice. I did not need another SBR, but I had to try these barrels. SIONICS is ahead of the curve on this technology in the age of Russion / trash Ammo with whale blow holes for ports.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-07-16 at 19:44.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have an 11.5 OLD Noveske barrel that is silky smooth. It was the softest shooting SBR gun I owned prior to my Sionics. I always wondered what the specs were on that barrel because, oh man ....it's nice. I did not need another SBR, but I had to try these barrels. SIONICS is ahead of the curve on this technology in the age of Russion / trash Ammo with whale blow holes for ports.

PB
    I was actually surprised on the reasonable port size of the 12.5 N4. These days, it seems like a lot of people feel like the Noveske barrels are a tad overgassed for extra reliability.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast