Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sionics 11.5 barrel w/ reduced gas port function report.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Do you mean that they functioned the same regarding lock back as the A5H4 or that the gas block had to be set to fully open to run the A5H2 & A5H3?
    Correct, they functioned on the same gas setting, and both failed to function on setting 3, just like the A5H4.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Correct, they functioned on the same gas setting, and both failed to function on setting 3, just like the A5H4.
    Gotcha. I'm thinking about picking up one of these barrels when they are ready. What A5 buffer would you recommend with a standard gas block, LMT Enhanced carrier and Springco Green?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Gotcha. I'm thinking about picking up one of these barrels when they are ready. What A5 buffer would you recommend with a standard gas block, LMT Enhanced carrier and Springco Green?
    I rec an A5H3 or A5H4. I'd advise starting with an A5H4.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Buford, I just had to edit your thread title, all the weird spelling in the title was driving me batshit.

Thanks again for the work on the thread.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Buford, I just had to edit your thread title, all the weird spelling in the title was driving me batshit.

Thanks again for the work on the thread.
    Thank you. It was originally just a quotation mark that got turned into gibberish. I can't edit thread titles from my phone on tapatalk, just thread content.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I rec an A5H3 or A5H4. I'd advise starting with an A5H4.
    I've been looking for an H4, but those things are like hens teeth right now.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    You could make one from an H3 and an H carbine buffer.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I think weapon outfitters has them in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    You could make one from an H3 and an H carbine buffer.
    I thought about that, but I'd rather have both so I can test them back to back.
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    I think weapon outfitters has them in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I missed them in my searching.

Feedback Score
    I forget the L1/L2 values. They were surprisingly close.

As for the buffer weight, I have found that while using the e-carrier, going to a lighter buffer such as the A5H3 or A5H2 did not allow me to reduce the gas setting on the gas block.

They also provided harsher recoil pulses than the A5H4. As I stated, there is a synergy with the current setup. The heavier buffer also registers a notably smaller difference in sight tracking between SAAMI pressure ammo and full house 5.56 duty ammo.
    You may want to look into the system further. A 11.5" carbine gas 5.56 AR using a normal 5.56 chamber, throat, and bore can use less gas with normal 5.56 ammo with the LMT carrier A5/ rifle like action in the A5H2 range without a sound suppressor. While I agree that the combo with with an A5H4 has desirable characteristics, some of that can change with the addition of a can.
    The added can may not be as desirable in operation with an A5H4 porting than without a can. I will grant you that I am not familiar with your exact combo. Most testing was done with KAC, AAC, and Surefire. Even with each's traits, it's worth considering that it may be worth your time to look at the A5H2 gas when a can may be is involved for use without it to have the operation qualities in use with only the addition of more mass when it it is used.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast