Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inland's new Ithaca 37 Trench Shotgun

Feedback Score

Inland's new Ithaca 37 Trench Shotgun

Anyone know if Inland's new Ithaca 37 Trench Guns are US made or otherwise?
    Last edited by Slater; 02-13-16 at 20:29.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I THINK its USA made..but for a retail price of $1299 they can keep it!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Did they mistake their reproduction for an unissued U.S. Property marked original?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I saw that in the gunsamerica email. The new Inland companies prices seem high on most of their products. They chopped off M1 carbine in right around that same price.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Did they mistake their reproduction for an unissued U.S. Property marked original?
    I think in about a year or two when none sell we'll see the MSRP magically drop.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I THINK its USA made..but for a retail price of $1299 they can keep it!
    I would bet it is USA made. They aren't looking to be mass market. They are targeting the nostalgia, collector, niche market with very limited production runs.
    Last edited by Linebacker; 02-13-16 at 08:59.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ive always liked the little M1 Carbine. Growing up..they were EVERYWHERE. I mean, my uncle had several just sittin in corners collecting dust, some out in a shed, some out in an old trailer. They were very common, around me anyway. Ive always thought that for a recoil sensitive person, or small statured man or woman, an M1 Carbine would be an excellent HOME defense weapon...God knows I wouldn't want to go to battle/war with one tho. Todays new defense ammo would really bring it up to snuff, I think. Again, Im talking inside the home...NOT going to war.
    HA-just thought of a story about my granddaddy using one one night. They lived out on the country, on a curve in the hwy that had a wide shoulder that for various reasons people would pull off on. One night seems a carload of yoots had an old girl out there, cussing & hollerin and carrying on late. Papa hollered and told them to get the hell out of here and quit that damn racket. They promptly told him what HE could do. He let loose on a roadsign right close them with that Carbine, and he told me many times, laughing, they left out so quick they left that old gal beside the road..her runnin and begging for them to stop and come get her! They did, and again pulled out tires squaling and gravel flyin! What a great memory..if you knew my old granddaddy its all the more funny!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    The humpers will buy these, fake a few markings, add some weathering/scuffing, and sell them as genuine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The video said that they were made by Ithaca for Inland. The Ithaca Gun Company in Ohio is making the M-37s and a 1911A1 .45. Last year I saw a M-37 on the rack at Academy Sports. These guns cost a lot more than the competition, and I don't see them competing with any of the many pump guns on the market. Over the years I've owned about a dozen M-37 riot guns(as they were called)and all shot great with buck shot and slugs. These shot guns are light weight, and the stock butt has a small foot print. Perceived recoil is high. Those with wear will kick out a shell on the ground when pumped because the shell latches for some reason seem to wear rapidly. Also, it seemed to me that their mag springs were very much lighter than other shot guns, and this fact may relate to their propensity to kick'em out on the ground. In no way am I criticizing the Ithaca 37. The L.A. Police Dept issued them for years and my still do. Many years ago Texas DPS issued the but ceased because their troops had negligent discharge problems with the Ithaca trigger lacking a disconnecter. It kept on firing when you pumped and held back the trigger.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    My first thought too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast