Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 10-8 Rear Sight Question

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The Warren rear sight is the same height IIRC as a Heinie rear sight. Thus a stock Trijicon front will be too short, this would cause extremely high impacts as the range increases.

Just get a whole set of Warren sights........You won't be disappointed. Scott calls these the tritium 'mix' (plain rear, tritium front) and they're cheaper than Trijicons.

Ideally I prefer a plain black rear sight with no distracting serrations and a serrated black front (competition gun) or a night sight front (defensive/carry gun).
    I'm actually moving away from fiber fronts for competition and shooting black sights just as fast with more accuracy since they allow me to 'see what I need to see'.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Will the Warren plain rear and tritium front give a 6 o'clock hold?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post

Mine did not... I need to change the front sight to do so

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    If by "plain" you mean standard height, no it will not. It will cause you to shoot about 8 inches high at 5 yards if you try to use a "standard" height front sight with a "tall" style rear sight. (Heinie, 10-8, Warren)

Feedback Score
    I use 10-8 sights on my 21SF and Heinie slant pros on my duty 21.

Both are combat balck sights. I don't use tritium sights and never have believed in them.

In the Heinies I have a 215 front and 125 rear. Shoots 4-6 inches high at 25 yds.

In the 10-8 I have a 235 front and 125 rear. Shoots +/- 1 inch high or low off hand at 25 yds.

I like the 10-8's for speed and they are great 25 and in working the timer. I pick them up very fast.

I haven't tried the Warren sights but hear nothing but good things about them.
    Your lowest form of training will be your highest performance in combat!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    If by "plain" you mean standard height, no it will not. It will cause you to shoot about 8 inches high at 5 yards if you try to use a "standard" height front sight with a "tall" style rear sight. (Heinie, 10-8, Warren)
    Plain as in what is described here.

http://mle-shootingsports.com/p87/WT...87ff251dacb98f

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    Gents - I need a rear sight for my new (new to me) 2nd gen G19 and I was looking at the 10-8 rear sights. I'll be using a standard Trijicon front sight and I'm not sure if I need a .140" or a .125" rear sight. Any ideas?

In addition, if someone has another suggestion like a Warren Tactical rear sight I'm all ears.

ETA: I should also note that this G19 will primarily be used for CCW
    The .125" and .140" measurement are the width of the rear sight notch. This is a personal preference thing and will not change the vertical point of impact of the round (appreciably).

If you are a bit older or you're focally challenged (eyes are not what they used to be) the .140 allows bigger light bars on the sides of the front sight and thus a bit more speed. This comes at the expense of a bit of precision at longer distances.

The .125" is the standard notch. If your eyes are still sharp or you want the utmost in precision in you sight alignment this is the way to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12