Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Uppers and a "new" offering from Colt for the FBI

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Looks awfully familiar. Ours came with little sections of rail on the foreend for attachments and was $200 cheaper, but that's it for sure. I was sorta hoping the "FBP1" moniker would be exclusive to us though.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teksid View Post
    Don't forget Jody Weis a former (anti gun) Chicago police commissioner was hired until they got a lot of crap on social media about it.
    Jody Weis retired as a Bureau SESer before Chicago PD hired him

Feedback Score
    So in a previous thread that got linked to this one, I'd stated how we'd been forced to retire our MP-5s and were issued Rock River AR-15s. After first owning a personal BCM mid 16 mod 2 and now a bureau approved Colt LE6920 FBP-1, I was very disappointed that they were RRA, seemed second rate in fit, finish and feel (seemed very heavy, especially nose-heavy) and I worried about reliability.

We had our first issue a few months ago, loose gas key on the BCG. Had to send whole gun to Quantico for service/repair.

Officer was picking it up today and says they replaced whole upper with a shorter barrel (maybe 14, 14.5"), different handguard (mlok?), what looks like a Magpul CTR stock.

What's odd is that they removed the Eotech and replaced with some red dot made by Sig? I've only ever used the issued Eotechs and the Aimpoint T-1/T-2 that are on my personal rifles. Haven't heard much about the sig sight, but then again, I haven't looked.

IMG_6225.jpg
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like a major upgrade to me. At least as far as the rail goes. SBR length barrel? Not so sure about optic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    So in a previous thread that got linked to this one, I'd stated how we'd been forced to retire our MP-5s and were issued Rock River AR-15s. After first owning a personal BCM mid 16 mod 2 and now a bureau approved Colt LE6920 FBP-1, I was very disappointed that they were RRA, seemed second rate in fit, finish and feel (seemed very heavy, especially nose-heavy) and I worried about reliability.

We had our first issue a few months ago, loose gas key on the BCG. Had to send whole gun to Quantico for service/repair.

Officer was picking it up today and says they replaced whole upper with a shorter barrel (maybe 14, 14.5"), different handguard (mlok?), what looks like a Magpul CTR stock.

What's odd is that they removed the Eotech and replaced with some red dot made by Sig? I've only ever used the issued Eotechs and the Aimpoint T-1/T-2 that are on my personal rifles. Haven't heard much about the sig sight, but then again, I haven't looked.

IMG_6225.jpg
    It's an 11.5" bbl with a 10" Geissele Mk4 hand guard. The Sig Romeo 4M was supposed to have excelled in all their testing and even beat out the Aimpoint. I'm interested in seeing one in person as it lets the user select between a 2 moa dot and the dot with a 65 MOA ring. It also turns on from motion/movement to save battery life.

Oh and you can fold down those irons.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    It didn't beat the aimpoint it just didn't suck so they approved both.
    ˇˇKawaii Desu Ne Haruhi-Chan!!

Feedback Score

New Uppers and a "new" offering from Colt for the FBI

I've read in another thread the sig is made by holosun.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...23-Sig-red-dot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JC5188; 02-02-17 at 05:09.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    It's an 11.5" bbl with a 10" Geissele Mk4 hand guard. The Sig Romeo 4M was supposed to have excelled in all their testing and even beat out the Aimpoint. I'm interested in seeing one in person as it lets the user select between a 2 moa dot and the dot with a 65 MOA ring. It also turns on from motion/movement to save battery life.

Haven't seen it in person yet, as he just sent that one picture yesterday. I'll take some better pictures and get a good look at it hopefully early next week

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post

No...

That is not how FBI procurement works with these small purchases. It met their specs, Aimpoint and Sig 4M are approved for use. Just like their are a few approved manufactures for the rifles themselves.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast