Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: New Uppers and a "new" offering from Colt for the FBI

Feedback Score
    Not sure if this was covered elsewhere but the FBI is now cancelling the rifle from the personally owned weapon program. I believe they have been using Geissele for the most recent offering. Lots of guesses as to why but I'm sure it's rooted in the fact that it is, after all, a "scary looking weapon of war" and makes the ever more woke FBI bosses shudder with disgust at the thought of their own employees owning more than they "need"...
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    Not sure if this was covered elsewhere but the FBI is now cancelling the rifle from the personally owned weapon program. I believe they have been using Geissele for the most recent offering. Lots of guesses as to why but I'm sure it's rooted in the fact that it is, after all, a "scary looking weapon of war" and makes the ever more woke FBI bosses shudder with disgust at the thought of their own employees owning more than they "need"...
    There are plenty of persons in the headshed who feel the POW program is a liability. They can't say why, and really I think it becomes more a matter of power and standardization of equipment. As you guys already know, a good shoot is a good shoot, it shouldn't matter what weapons are in play. Unless of course you are my department, then its a douche convention camping out trying to screw over individual officer which aren't liked. My favorite is when the Chief blesses off on everything and clears it as a good shoot, and then a member of the brass prunes a guy for a policy violation the day after the Chief cleared it. Not speaking from personal bitterness or experiences of course. LOL
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    There are plenty of persons in the headshed who feel the POW program is a liability. They can't say why, and really I think it becomes more a matter of power and standardization of equipment. As you guys already know, a good shoot is a good shoot, it shouldn't matter what weapons are in play. Unless of course you are my department, then its a douche convention camping out trying to screw over individual officer which aren't liked. My favorite is when the Chief blesses off on everything and clears it as a good shoot, and then a member of the brass prunes a guy for a policy violation the day after the Chief cleared it. Not speaking from personal bitterness or experiences of course. LOL
    The POW program for the FBI has evolved considerably over the years. When I served as an SA years ago (mid to late 70's) we could carry virtually any S&W or Colt revolver chambered for .38/.357 that we personally owned, so long as it was "inspected" by an office firearms instructor to make sure it was in functional condition. Many SAs back then made use of this program. I parked my issued S&W 10-6 immediately and carried first a S&W Model 19, switching to the Model 66 when it came out. For an "off-duty" revolver I carried a Colt Detective Special that had the bull barrel (6 shots over the Model 60's 5 shots was my reason).

I served in the Chicago office. After awhile it dawned on me that although the Bureau did not authorize any semi-auto pistols, period, a lot of the SAs had them and carried them, especially as a 2nd or "back-up" weapon. I purchased a Colt Combat Commander in .45 acp and used it as my primary off-duty weapon and my back-up weapon. I assume that enforcement of the "no semi-auto pistols allowed" policy varied from office to office. In Chicago during the time I was there it was non-existent. I had other SAs actually borrow the Colt CC on occasions when they were doing something considered dangerous (no SWAT or HRT in those days--we had to do it all ourselves). When S&W released the 15 rd version of its 9mm semi-auto pistol (Model 59) that became a popular weapon as well. The only long gun I am aware of anyone purchasing for themselves was the Remington Model 870 shotgun, which was the standard issue shotgun for the Bureau at that time. When the Bureau switched officially to semi-auto pistols, and especially when they went to Glock, I am sure they felt the need for a vast array of personally owned weapons no longer existed. Being the Glock fanboy that I am, I would have had no problem living with that decision.

Just a bit of FBI trivia from way back when.
    Last edited by kyjd75; 06-23-22 at 10:31.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    Just a bit of FBI trivia from way back when.

Which is always appreciated.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718