Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Uppers and a "new" offering from Colt for the FBI

Feedback Score
    Are you sure the 11.5" uppers are from Colt? I thought the bbls were sourced from a company in Idaho - can't recall the name.

I've already heard that the Troy handguards may get replaced with Geissele but the rumor mill is strong in that agency, so who knows. And whoever chose the Mako grip should be asked to retire immediately.

Here is a photo of one of the POW rifles sent to me by an agent I used to work with who already got his.

Feedback Score
    Now you've got me second-guessing: did I actually see Colt on the upper? I am going out again on the 12th and I'll be sure to verify.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    Now you've got me second-guessing: did I actually see Colt on the upper? I am going out again on the 12th and I'll be sure to verify.
    It's hard to say what they do there. One agent I knew had a Colt lower for his issued M4 but with a RRA upper (1/9 twist, dominator). They even installed a commercial diameter receiver extension on the Colt lower...
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    I actually like the simple look of that rifle. I'm in the middle of getting the parts for a build that will be very similar in looks but with a pencil weight barrel.
    Paranoia is more than a personality trait, it's a survival skill.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larryp View Post
    I actually like the simple look of that rifle. I'm in the middle of getting the parts for a build that will be very similar in looks but with a pencil weight barrel.
    My opinion is they left too much bbl exposed. Should have used a 13" or even better, 15" handguard. More room for accessories. No bbl shadow with the light. Better placement for shooters with longer arms. And most importantly with the configuration they chose, I feel certain their people will be seen resting the bbl on cover and thereby causing a shift in POI.

I also don't understand why they didn't choose M-Lok. Even Troy offers that handguard with M-Lok now.

ETA: this is clearly a step in the right direction. Especially wrt the optic. They had some kind of stupid love for the EOTech despite rampant reliability issues.
    Last edited by El Cid; 01-09-16 at 20:59.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    I'm not a fan of a lot of accessories. A small light is enough in my opinion. I'm too used to standard hand guards to ever get used to the straight arm/hand way out near the front stance people use today. As for resting the barrel on cover anyone who does that needs better training.
    Paranoia is more than a personality trait, it's a survival skill.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Eleven years after they adopted the Rock River Arms carbine, it's time to replace equipment. I'll bet Colt breathed a sigh of relief when the contract was awarded.

Keep us updated when you get your weapon issued and have a chance to wring it out. Let us know what you like and dislike about the new weapon warts and all.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Will do. Comparing it to my BCM, mid16 mod 2 will be interesting.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Are you sure the 11.5" uppers are from Colt? I thought the bbls were sourced from a company in Idaho - can't recall the name.

I've already heard that the Troy handguards may get replaced with Geissele but the rumor mill is strong in that agency, so who knows. And whoever chose the Mako grip should be asked to retire immediately.

Here is a photo of one of the POW rifles sent to me by an agent I used to work with who already got his.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/z...psqip2mbvn.jpg
    Grant (GandRTactical) has what appear to be 11.5" SOCOM contour barrels from Colt which are, according to Grant, made for FBI HRT: Link.

So they may not be the same thing (HRT is apparently running Spuhr mounts for their Micros)... but I would suspect that they might be.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Grant (GandRTactical) has what appear to be 11.5" SOCOM contour barrels from Colt which are, according to Grant, made for FBI HRT: Link.

So they may not be the same thing (HRT is apparently running Spuhr mounts for their Micros)... but I would suspect that they might be.
    The bbl in that link has a FSB. The new carbines are free-floated. I'll makes some calls this week and see what I can find out.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast