Quote Originally Posted by July4th View Post
I was amazed at how many folks actually removed lowers from vintage Colts after the AWB sunset. It's one thing to do it to another brand, but a Colt?!? Made no sense to me. If I would have had any other brands at the time I certainly would have done it, but never a vintage Colt.

As a side note: within the last year I know a guy who picked up a NIB SP1 for $1000 flat in a private sale and another guy who did some handy work for an old timer who thanked him by giving him an SP1 (fired with no box, but in perfect shape). The second guy had no idea what he had and was complaining about the fixed carry handle.
That is something else. Both of those guys made out like bandits. I wish I had something like that happen to me, but I am not going to hold my breath. One thing I am still hoping to add to my vintage Colt collection is an AR-15 A2 Government Carbine. I have the SP1 Carbine to go with my SP1 rifle. Now I just need the AR-15 A2 carbine to go with my AR-15 A2 Sporter II rifle. I would also like to find an early 1960s SP1 at a decent price, but that may take some time. I would probably have to sell something else of mine to afford it anyhow.