Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: 9mm 1911 experiences wanted...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Dan Wesson does. At a lower price point I would recommend the Ruger.
    My Ruger aluminum framed Commander has been excellent. One and probably only serious complaint is that it could use a tighter barrel bushing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    I have several 1911s in 9mm (several STI and a Kimber) and have not had reliability issues.

Feedback Score
    I have a Kimber Master Carry Pro with two Wilson Combat mags in addition to the factory one. It has run everything I have tried with out an issue except for some SWC hand-loads.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    DW Vigil Commander is GTG.

Feedback Score
    After reporting the 1 stovepipe with value pack Federal 115 gr. in my Colt Combat Unit 9mm in this thread, I was taking my pistol down for cleaning and noticed it was bone dry.

I cleaned up the pistol and lubed it generously with G96 CLP. Today's shooting session with the Wal-Mart Federal 115 gr. 9mm was 100%. I am now thinking my one stove pipe was probably exacerbated by the lack of lubrication.

I really like this pistol, it is accurate, points well, is soft shooting and I think it's handling qualities are first rate. The gun has a very solid, high quality feel to it. Definitely offers a better shooting experience than the striker fired polymer 9mms that are so popular today.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been carrying my Ruger 9mm Officer the last few days in a Kramer IWB. I've owned the pistol for awhile but kind of got away from carrying it. No particular reason or problem with the gun. Just had other newer and shinier stuff hogging my attention.

Anyway, the little Ruger is really a great size. Small enough and flat enough to conceal quite easily yet big enough to get a decent grip on with both hands and not feel like I'm accidentally going to blow a support hand finger off.

Wilson Combat standard length mags hold eight rounds of 124gr Gold Dot +P and only stick out a tiny bit. Not so much that the concealment characteristics change yet out enough to seat positively. There's a tiny bit of lip at the front in case a mag has to be stripped out and also acts as somewhat of a pinky stop.

Wilson also has a 9rd mag that a slightly longer body and a base plate that telescopes over the tube. This makes the mag stick out about half an inch but does allow for a total of ten rounds in the pistol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For several years I carried a Kimber officer's 9mm. I ran Federal 9BP and Metalform magazines. It ran 100% out of the box and continued to do so. You should throw away the magazine that comes with the Colt and get Wilson, McCormick, Metalform, or Mec-Gar.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Frankly, I think we have moved out of the period where 9mm 1911s are crap. Mine Jhabvala been excellent, and I shoot the crap out of my guns. I think every 1911 guy should have one to save his elbows and wallet.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had a Dan Wesson Vigil Commander in 9mm. Although I shot very few rounds through it, I had no issues. I traded it because I wanted a Colt.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Mine Jhabvala as well Greg. (:

No issues when using decent magazines, which have been mentioned endlessly previously.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast