Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joining Military while owning NFA items.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Joining Military while owning NFA items.

I am looking into joining the Army, but I own an SBR, and two suppressors. I do not have a trustee that I can leave them with. So I am trying to figure out what I could do. My family lives in CA, so I cannot add them to my trust.

I am thinking this is nearly impossible, except storing them here and hope I get stationed in a state for a long time that allows NFA weapons so I can transfer them. Then, again, storing them somewhere off base with all my other stuff.

Has anyone gone through this, or have any suggestions?
    Last edited by Zane1844; 01-13-16 at 01:11.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I believe you can store them with someone in your current state as long as the items are secured where only you can access them. Such as a safe that only you have the combination to. If you do not have anyone trustworthy there then you could use a safety deposit box for the lower and suppressors.
    Last edited by MGWS; 01-13-16 at 03:43.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is correct. They can be physically in someone else's house, as long as they cannot access them. A safe-deposit box is the route I would go, just to make it very secure. If you pull the buffer tube off, all three items should fit in an affordable box.

And, fill out a Form 20 notifying the ATF of their location, once you decide.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-X Fil View Post
    A safe-deposit box is the route I would go, just to make it very secure.
    Agreed. I had a safety deposit box full of my BC, passport, important docs, and a handgun in there. I felt like Jason Bourne

The key is to not tell anyone at the bank what you're putting in it (They don't want to know anyway) but they will make you sign a doc stating you aren't putting anything hazardous in there. I just walked in carrying a bag with my stuff in there. Also, it's like $60/yr for a decent sized box. Go this route for sure.

P.S. The Army sucks. Be a man and join the Marines.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 01-13-16 at 08:32.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    I like the safety deposit box idea. If you can leave it at someone's house in a safe you can add them as a trustee

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Agreed. I had a safe deposit box full of my BC, passport, important docs, and a handgun in there. I felt like Jason Bourne

The key is to not tell anyone at the bank what you're putting in it (They don't want to know anyway) but they will make you sign a doc stating you aren't putting anything hazardous in there. I just walked in carrying a bag with my stuff in there. Also, it's like $60/yr for a decent sized box. Go this route for sure.

P.S. The Army sucks. Be a man and join the Marines.
    I agree with the safety deposit box.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    I had a client who had left a safe with an M16 in it at a friend's house. Supposedly
    1. Friend didn't have combo
    2. Passed off soon to be exwife told atf M16 was at friends house
    3. ATF showed up seized safe.
    4. Hilarity ensued

Don't know if true. Or all details

Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Not to be a jerk, but more to the people who are tempted by the new 41f regs to skip what is now the extra hassle of a registering with a trust but it is exactly reasons such as this why one should not back themselves into a corner by registering as an individual.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Not to be a jerk, but more to the people who are tempted by the new 41f regs to skip what is now the extra hassle of a registering with a trust but it is exactly reasons such as this why one should not back themselves into a corner by registering as an individual.
    I do have a trust. But, because of certain circumstances I can't leave it with my trustee.

The safe deposit box will be my only option. It will just be a hassle of having to get it back from here, into another safe deposit box until I get my own apartment whenever, and wherever that would be. Excluding my magazines, everything else could be given to my mom in CA.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-Texas View Post
    I had a client who had left a safe with an M16 in it at a friend's house. Supposedly
    1. Friend didn't have combo
    2. Passed off soon to be exwife told atf M16 was at friends house
    3. ATF showed up seized safe.
    4. Hilarity ensued

Don't know if true. Or all details

Hilarity? Really?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast