Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joining Military while owning NFA items.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Damn...why you gotta be so honest?

Showering with dudes was never weird until this Haitian guy came back to the hooch one day and said "There's a white boy in the shower who look like ELEPHANT!"
    Haha, nice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    The safe deposit box will be my only option. It will just be a hassle of having to get it back from here, into another safe deposit box until I get my own apartment whenever, and wherever that would be. Excluding my magazines, everything else could be given to my mom in CA.
    Why not send "everything else" to her and just take the magazines with you. There's no paperwork required for those. This is assuming the mags will be legal in your next state.

Just to make sure...you're just asking about moves within the US, right? Not asking about what to do while deployed?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Why not send "everything else" to her and just take the magazines with you. There's no paperwork required for those. This is assuming the mags will be legal in your next state.

Just to make sure...you're just asking about moves within the US, right? Not asking about what to do while deployed?
    Yes, just moves in the US. Because I am assuming I do not have to do anything with my NFA stuff while deployed, since they will not be moving.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    So, out of curiosity, is there anything wrong with storing NFA items in a safety deposit box? I may have the same issue coming up soon with a possible PCS to Hawaii, and would need a safe place to store things for up to 4 years. I think this is a great option and secure, but is there anything legally wrong with it? Or is it one of those things you just keep quiet? Technically, the location would have "access" to the box is that correct?

Im in a similar situation and looking to figure storage out as well. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjw182005 View Post
    So, out of curiosity, is there anything wrong with storing NFA items in a safety deposit box? I may have the same issue coming up soon with a possible PCS to Hawaii, and would need a safe place to store things for up to 4 years. I think this is a great option and secure, but is there anything legally wrong with it? Or is it one of those things you just keep quiet? Technically, the location would have "access" to the box is that correct?

Im in a similar situation and looking to figure storage out as well. Thanks.
    The ATF, from what I've read, suggests using one while in the process of moving. I'm not sure on bank policy, however.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

- cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Seems most bank policies ive been able to see thus far specifically prohibit the storage of firearms in the boxes. I know they arent supposed to have any access and they shouldnt view what goes in the box, but it seems it they find something unauthorized, it is either turned over to the ATF and destroyed or confiscated anyway. Are there any cases of someone losing an NFA item while storing in a safe deposit box?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Tagged for interest.
    OP, good luck in your service.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I would opt for some PVC, desiccant and geocaching.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    UPDATE

So, I'm needing to move my NFA items to my new address in Washington, they are currently with my brother who is on my trust.

The issue is that I will not be able to receive the mail from my registered address. So, how can I get the ATF to mail the form 20 to my new address?

Can I have the post office reroute my mail?

- cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    I should think a simple Change of Address card to the Post Office will get your mail forwarded to the new address. That IS what it's for...

Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    UPDATE

So, I'm needing to move my NFA items to my new address in Washington, they are currently with my brother who is on my trust.

The issue is that I will not be able to receive the mail from my registered address. So, how can I get the ATF to mail the form 20 to my new address?

Can I have the post office reroute my mail?
    Rascal

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast